A charming winery in the village of Megalochori, featuring traditional Cycladic architecture and offering gorgeous views of the caldera and volcanic cliffs. Venetsanos offers a handful of wines for tasting, using mostly Assyrtiko and Mandilaria grapes. An a la carte menu with a variety of cheeses and some traditional food items like dolmathes is available to accompany tastings, and served as dinner on their Sunset Terrace from May to mid-October. Open daily most of the year from 10am, with tours offered hourly (closed December 15-January 15 and Sundays November-March). Make a reservation in advance by telephone or online (48 hours notice), as it does get busy. Plenty of on-site parking is available, and Venetsanos is accessible via bus on Fira-Perissa or Megalochori routes.
Venetsanos Winery Santorini Hours and Information
- Season: Open most of the year, with limited hours in winter. Closed December 15th – January 15th
- Hours: 10am-8pm daily in April; 10am-9pm daily May to October; 10am-4pm Monday to Saturday November through March; Closed December 15th – January 15th.
- Website: venetsanoswinery.com
- Location: Caldera Megalochori, Santorini Island 847 00
- Telephone: +30 2286 021100
- Restaurant: A variety of cheeses and some traditional food items like dolmathes are available in the main hall terrace to accompany tastings. Sunset Terrace restaurant is open daily from 6pm-10pm May 1st to October 15th, closed October 16th through April. Reservations are recommended. Call ahead or book online (14 hours in advance).
- View: Excellent views of caldera and volcanic cliffs.
- Tours & Tastings: Wine tastings are held in the main hall terrace. Tours start at 6€ per person (20 minutes), and tastings start at 15€ per person.
- Parking: Plenty of on-site parking available.
- Bus: Accessible on the Fira – Perissa or Akrotiri routes. When boarding the bus, ask the driver to make a stop at Venetsanos. From the bus stop, it’s a 3-minute walk walk to the winery.
Venetsanos Winery Santorini
- Artemis Karamolegos Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Canava Roussos – Mesa Gonia, Santorini
- Canava Antonis Arvanitis – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Hatzidakis Winery – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Tours and Things To Do
- Best Santorini Private Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Athens Best Hotels
- Corfu Best Hotels
- Crete Best Hotels
- Folegandros Best Hotels
- Ios Best Hotels
- Kefalonia Best Hotels
- Kos Best Hotels
- Milos Best Hotels
- Mykonos Best Hotels
- Naxos Best Hotels
- Paros Best Hotels
- Rhodes Best Hotels
- Serifos Best Hotels
- Sifnos Best Hotels
- Skiathos Best Hotels
- Skopelos Best Hotels