Koutsoyannopoulos is not only a winery, but also a winding, 300m-long cave-style museum nestled 8m underground. The museum depicts the history of winemaking on the island through photographs, artifacts, and dioramas of life in the 1600’s wine trade.
Museum tours are conducted through an audio guide that’s available in 14 different languages, and a guidebook is also available in 22 languages. The winery and museum is open year-round, with slightly abbreviated hours in the off-season.
Koutsoyannopoulos Winery produces a range of wines: young and aged white, young and aged red, rosé, sweet, and semisweet. A variety of indigenous grapes are used, most commonly assyrtiko and aithani. Multiple tasting options are available, varying in price depending on the number of bottles tasted; tasting prices include a museum tour.
Weddings and events can be held at Koutsoyannopoulos, and groups can arrange a private grape-stomping experience in advance. There is plenty of parking available at the museum, though Koutsoyannopoulos is also easily accessed by bus on the Fira-Kamari route.
Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum Hours and Information
- Season: Open year-round.
- Hours: April to October, 9am-7pm Monday through Saturday, 10am-7pm Sunday; November to March, 9am to 5pm Monday through Saturday, 10am-5pm Sunday.
- Website: santoriniwinemuseum.com
- Location: Vothonas, Santorini
- Telephone: +30 2286 031322
- Restaurant: No restaurant on site, but there is a good taverna a few minutes’ walk away.
- View: No view.
- Tours & Tastings: Museum tours are conducted through an audio guide (available in 14 different languages) and a guidebook (22 different languages). Wine tasting options: 4 wines at €10/person, 6 wines at €15/person, and 8 wines at €20/person. Tasting prices include museum tour.
- Parking: Ample parking is available on site.
- Bus: Koutsoyannopoulos Winery and Museum is easily accessed on the Fira-Kamari bus route, with the nearest bus stop about 100m from winery. Ask the driver to let you off at the Wine Museum.
Koutsoyannopoulos Winery and Museum Santorini – Map
Koutsoyannopoulos Winery and Museum Santorini – Photos
- Best Santorini Winery Tours: Santorini Small Group Wine Tour • Santorini Private Wine Tour • Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
- Artemis Karamolegos Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Canava Roussos – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Canava Antonis Arvanitis – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gaia Wines – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Hatzidakis Winery – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Vassaltis Vineyards – Vourvoulos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini