Founded in 1997, this charming winery overlooks its vineyards just outside the village of Pyrgos. Hatzidakis was the first to use the native red grape variety of Mavrotragano and they grow and harvest their grapes organically, using only natural raw materials. Their cave-like tasting room is carved into the side of a mountain – a 45 to 60-minute tour and tasting covers 6 wines and includes a cheese platter, €14 per person. Hatzidakis is open year-round, though in winter by reservation only. From May to October, drop-ins are welcome and accommodated, but reservations are recommended. This winery is best accessed by car – it’s not an easy walk from Pyrgos as it’s located just off a narrow, windy road. If you do take the bus (Fira-Perissa route, but not the Fira-Perissa express line), get off at the last stop in Pyrgos – from there, the winery can make arrangements to pick you up (only if you’ve made reservations). Limited parking is available.
Hatzidakis Winery Santorini Hours and Information
- Season: Open year-round
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10:15am to 7pm in May to October, Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm November to April (by reservation only).
- Website: www.hatzidakiswines.gr
- Location: Kallisti, Pyrgos, Thira.
- Telephone: +30 698 110 7180
- Restaurant: No restaurant on site, but there are many restaurants and tavernas nearby in Pyrgos village.
- View: No view.
- Tours & Tastings: 6 wines with cheese platter, €14 per person. Duration aprox 45-60 minutes.
- Parking: Limited parking available.
- Bus: Somewhat accessible on the Fira-Perissa route (not the Fira-Perissa express line), though busing is not recommended as the walk from the bus stop is narrow, steep, and tricky. If you do take the bus, you can arrange for the winery to pick you up at one of two bus stops in Pyrgos (one in the main square, next to Cantouni restaurant and one next to Agaze restaurant and across from Anemos restaurant) if you make reservations in advance.
Hatzidakis Winery Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Tours and Things To Do
- Best Santorini Private Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Travel Guide