Hyatt Regency Calgary – Luxurious and comfortable retreat in the heart of downtown.
This central downtown hotel is outstanding and emanates a vibe of sheer luxury and opulence. The generously-sized rooms are modern and upscale and feature oversized desks, UV-purified drinking water, modern amenities, and elegant décor. Apart from housing arguably the city’s best full-service spa, there are also two superb upscale restaurants, a bar, and a coffee shop on-site, as well as an exclusive members-only lounge with complimentary services. Located on the eighteenth floor, the indoor pool, whirlpool, and fitness center offer amazing city views. The hotel has a superb location in downtown, only one block from Calgary Tower and steps to popular Stephen Avenue Walk with its many restaurants, bars, shopping, and arts and entertainment. Access to Calgary Zoo, Calgary Stampede grounds, and the Saddledome arena couldn’t be any easier as the CTrain station is located right at the hotel’s north-side entrance.
Hyatt Regency Calgary – Location
- Area: Convenient central location in downtown Calgary. The Hyatt is interconnected to Telus Convention Centre via the +15 walkway (enclosed elevated walkway) and to many downtown buildings including Glenbow Museum, Arts Common, and Theatre Calgary. Steps to Stephen Avenue Walk and Calgary Tower.
- Address: 700 Centre St SE.
- Nearest CTrain: Centre Street (150m) and 1st Street SW (50m).
- How to Get There: Take the CTrain to 7th Avenue: Centre Street (Eastbound, 150m) or 1st Street SW (Westbound, 50m). Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7).
- Handy to: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Hyatt Regency Calgary – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request. Special children’s menu in the in-house restaurant and family-friendly restaurant Milestones is just across the street.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome in designated rooms. Max weight 75lbs (individual or combined) and CA$50 per stay (up to 6 nights). For 7-30 nights, an additional CA$100 is charged for deep cleaning.
- View: Downtown views from all rooms and suites.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Royal Suite features a large jacuzzi tub.
- Laundry: Laundry services available for a fee.
- Parking: Valet parking at CA$39 per day. Large vehicles can park in the hotel driveway on first-come, first-served basis.
- Extras: Separate UV-filtered drinking water tap in every room and suite. The indoor heated pool, hot tub, and fitness room all offer terrific city views. 24-hour business and fitness centers. Fantastic full-service spa.
- When to Book: Book 6 months in advance for May-July and the Calgary Stampede and 5 months in advance for September-October.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-717-1234
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: hyatt.com
Hyatt Regency Calgary – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor pool, hot tub, and steam room.
- Spa: Full-service Stillwater Spa is one of the best in the city and offers a wide range of treatments and massages.
- Fitness Center: Large, bright, and fully-equipped, on the 18th floor with fantastic downtown views. Complimentary chilled eucalyptus towels and filtered water.
- For Disabled Guests: Several accessible rooms with cordless phones, lowered beds, lowered peepholes, wide bathroom doors, and roll-in showers.
Hyatt Regency Calgary – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Thomsons Kitchen & Bar – Newly renovated with contemporary décor and casual dining. Serves modern Canadian dishes and a good selection of drinks. Special kids menu as well. 6.30am–midnight daily. • Modern Steak – Offers upscale steakhouse dining with a cocktail lounge. Open for lunch and dinner on weekdays and dinner only on weekends.
- Café: Bakers Coffee Shop – Serves coffee, light snacks, and magazines.
- Bar/Lounge: Thomsons Kitchen & Bar – Full-service bar with designated seating and curated menu of wines, craft beers, and cocktails. Same hours as the restaurant.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service. Breakfast, All-Day Dining, and Late Night menus.
Hyatt Regency Calgary – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 King Bed • 2 Queen Beds • 1 King Bed Corner • 1 King Bed Club Access • 2 Queen Beds Club Access • Regency Club Suite • Conference Suite • Premier Suite • Royal Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The Hyatt is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The top-floor 1,400-sqft Royal Suite is the best room with a private office, living/dining room, and several luxurious amenities. Its marble bathroom has a heated floor, large whirlpool, and dual vanities. Regency Club rooms are located on a private floor with an executive lounge that offers complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres, and coffee and tea.
- For Families: Suites can be joined with either 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds rooms.
Hyatt Regency Calgary – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (150).
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (500m).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1.5 km).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Ten Foot Henry – Vegetable-anchored menu focused on family-style dining (also has a tiny adjoining toast bar, Little Henry, if you are short on time). Scrumptious avocado toast. (750m).
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Upscale, dark wood bar with adjoining dining room. Live local bands play (pop/rock and R&B) every Friday and Saturday evenings 10pm-1am. (800m).
- Native Tongues Taqueria – Rustic cantina known for its excellent Mexican food, family-style tacos, cocktails, and mezcal and tequila tastings. (1 km).
- Red’s Diner – Casual, homey diner with friendly service, open for breakfast and lunch. Famous for their Eggs Benedict. (1.5 km).
- Bonterra Trattoria – Casual Italian fare in a Tuscan-style décor. Beet salad is outstanding and so is the beautiful outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Posto Pizzeria & Bar – Next to Bonterra Trattoria. Cozy and casual in a rustic atmosphere with a wine bar. Open-flamed pizza oven and some inspired pizzas. Small outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Una Pizza & Wine – Trendy and lively spot serving delicious and creative thin-crust pizzas. Often busy during peak dinner hours; while waiting for a table, check out the romantic and cozy Frenchie Wine Bar located at the back of the restaurant. There is a dog-friendly outdoor patio as well. (2 km).
- The Coup – Ethical vegetarian restaurant focusing on organic, local, and made-from-scratch foods and drinks. Small outdoor patio. (2.5 km).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Deville Coffee – Just off Stephen Avenue Walk. If you need a break from the crowds, check out this little oasis, especially the coffeeshop’s second level. Amazing coffee, maybe the best in the city. Locals adore this little place. (250m).
- Village Ice Cream – Delicious homemade ice cream. A local favorite, so expect long lines during peak summertime hours. Tucked away at the end of 10th Avenue SE. (1 km).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. (150m).
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – This contemporary brew pub offers its own brand of in-house beer and delicious pub-fare. Happy hour every day 2-6pm. (1 km).
- Trolley 5 – Two-level brewery where you can watch the brewing process from any seat. Outdoor patio spills onto the sidewalk and the hustle and bustle of 17th Avenue. (2 km).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. Just steps from the hotel. (100m).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. (500m).
- Steeling Home – A treasure trove of unique gifts, souvenirs, and knick-knacks on 17th Avenue. (3 km).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. (150m).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. (600m).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. (1 km).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. (1.5 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Sunterra Market Keynote – Grocery store with gourmet cafeteria-style self-serve, including a coffee bar, large salad bar, and a variety of ready-made meals. 3rd-floor restaurant, MARKETBar, is a full-service bar/restaurant offering a rooftop patio with city views. (700m).
- Safeway – Large supermarket with deli, bakery, and on-site Starbucks. (1.5 km).
Hyatt Regency Calgary – The Hotel
All Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
- Calgary Marriott Downtown
- Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Fairmont Palliser
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown
- Hotel Arts
- Hotel Arts Kensington
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Le Germain Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- The Westin Calgary