Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – Alpine hotel with rustic beauty and modern luxury.
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies and surrounded by alpine forests and rugged mountain peaks, this modern and casually elegant lodge is in a peaceful and spectacular setting. Rooms are rustic, spacious, comfortable, and modern. The extraordinary Nordic spa features five outdoor pools and a divine Bistro with huge windows that can retract in the summertime. This family-friendly resort also offers numerous children’s activities and an indoor waterpark with water slides.
Kananaskis Country is a nature lover’s paradise. Hiking trails and cycling paths abound. There’s also whitewater rafting, horseback riding, ski and snowboarding, ice skating, alpine helicopter rides, river kayaking, river surfing, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, and a thirty-six-hole golf course.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – Location
- Area: An hour’s drive west of Calgary (100 km).
- Address: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis Village.
- How to Get There: By car from Calgary, drive 65 km west (towards Banff) on the TransCanada #1 Highway, then turn south on Hwy 40 for 25 km. Daily bus service also available (via Brewster Express) runs from downtown Calgary to the Lodge. Cost for round trip is $123.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request. Certified babysitting services, children’s menus in all restaurants, indoor pool with waterslides, and outdoor playground.
- Kids Club: Children’s Creative Centre with a variety of games and activities. Several activities and classes offered, mostly outdoors and focused on exploration and creativity. Family yoga, interpretative walks, interactive storytelling and learning to build fires, to name a few. Program is free for children 4+ years old and adults. Children’s indoor cooking class (build and cook your own pizza) and additional activities, some complimentary, vary monthly. Large indoor waterpark.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome and there are no restrictions. CA$40 per room per night. Dogs receive a complimentary bandana and dog bowl. Dog sitting services also available.
- View: Views of alpine forest or mountain peaks throughout the property. Some rooms have both views depending on location.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Large jacuzzis are available in several of the Hospitality Suites and select King Rooms.
- Laundry: Coin-operated laundry and valet dry-cleaning.
- Parking: Valet parking at CA$25 per day.
- Extras: Free shuttle to/from Nakiska Ski Area (downhill skiing, tube park, snow shoeing, 4 km). Kids 6 years and under eat free. Complimentary evening outdoor campfires with live entertainment and an opportunity to roast your own s’mores – a Canadian tradition (marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers). Child care and pet-sitting services available.
- When To Book: Booking 2 months in advance is recommended.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-591-7711
- Email: Send an enquiry through the chat option on their website.
- Website: lodgeatkananaskis.com
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor waterpark with children’s waterslides, water cannons, and zero entry pool. Unique hot tub with an indoor-outdoor design.
- Spa: Nordic Spa offers 5 outdoor pools (a series of hot, warm, and cold plunge pools), 2 saunas (Banya and Finnish), eucalyptus steam cabin, hammam-style exfoliation room, hot-stone massages, heated hammocks and walkways, Adirondack chairs to relax by the fire-pits, and flannel bathrobes. The spa is open year-round. First come, first served facility. Note: Adults-only facilities and no manicures or pedicures are available at the spa.
- Fitness Center: Good size fitness room with lots of natural light. Some windows look out onto the pool deck/children’s waterslide area. 5am to 11pm daily.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Forte Restaurant – Serves modern Italian fare including wood-fire pizzas and house made pastas. Open from breakfast through dinner. • Cedar Room – Dinner only. Serves seasonal menus focused on Canadian beef, seafood, and poultry. Reservations recommended.
- Café: Market Café – Coffee shop serving healthy snacks, on-the-go breakfast, and lunch options. Custom picnic baskets available if ordered in advance. Try their banana cream cheese cake.
- Bars/Lounges: Blacktail Bar – Serves appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and desserts. Their Roasted Cauliflower appetizer is delish. Open for lunch and dinner. Kids menu available. • Woody’s Pub & Patio – (In Kananaskis Village, steps from the hotel). Adults-only pub serving locally-crafted beer. Darts, pool tables, video games, and rooftop patio (summer only) available.
- Breakfast: Complimentary for some package bookings.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service. Breakfast, All-Day Dining, and Late Night menus.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Guest Room (1 Queen/2 Queens/1 King) • Deluxe Room (1 King) • Family Guest Room (1 King + 2 Queens) • 1 Bedroom Bi-Level Loft (1 King/2 Queens) • 1 Bedroom Suite • Executive Suite • 1 Bedroom Hospitality Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The lodge is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The 1,200-sqft Hospitality Suite features a separate living room with a large sofa and 8-person dining table, 1.5 bathrooms, jacuzzi, and full kitchen.
- For Families: Many rooms and suites have multiple beds. Adjoining rooms and suites are also available.
- For Disabled Guests: Wheelchair accessible rooms with roll-in showers available.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Cafés
- Moose Family Kitchen – Japanese Chef-owned budget café serving an odd but delicious menu of Japanese dishes, sandwiches, bagels, and milkshakes. Located just steps from the lodge in the Kananaskis Village Centre. (150m).
- Kananaskis Outfitters – In the Village Centre. Couple-owned outfit offering guided excursions and high-quality equipment rentals. (150m).