Calgary Marriott Downtown – Contemporary luxury in an excellent downtown location.
The Marriott Downtown is in a prime central location, across the street from the Calgary Tower, and is interconnected to the Glenbow Museum and Telus Convention Centre. Its spacious and comfortable rooms sport a modern décor with soft pastel hues of blue, gray, and brown. The fully-licensed lobby (also known as The Great Room) is a nice spot to relax and sip a cocktail. The in-house restaurant features local cuisine and a popular whiskey bar in a unique communal setting. An on-site Starbucks, indoor pool, and large, modern fitness center are also available to guests. And the hotel is right across the Calgary Tower and just steps to Stephen Avenue Walk for shopping, restaurants, pubs, and the arts and entertainment district.
Calgary Marriott Downtown – Location
- Area: Corner of Centre Street and 9th Avenue SE. Across the street from Calgary Tower and steps to Stephen Avenue Walk. Two blocks to the CTrain (light rail) station.
- Address: 110 9TH Avenue SE.
- Nearest CTrain: Centre Street (400m).
- How to Get There: Catch the CTrain to Centre Street (7th Avenue, 400m). Connected to the +15 skywalk system. Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7).
- Handy to: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Calgary Marriott Downtown – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request, but there are no special amenities for children. Special children’s menu in the restaurant.
- Pet Policy: Pets up to 20 lbs are allowed for free. Pet rooms are located on the 10th floor and lower.
- View: All rooms offer downtown city center views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis. Only the 2 Queen Guest Rooms have bathtubs.
- Parking: Valet parking for CA$40 per day Sunday-Thursday and CA$25 per day Friday and Saturday. All vehicles are parked off-site at Bow Tower (3 blocks away). Two complimentary electric vehicle chargers are located near the main entrance.
- Extras: Work station and modular chairs can be moved and configured as desired in each room. Complimentary access to Netflix for guests with Netflix subscriptions. No fees for pets.
- When to Book: Book 6 months in advance for the Calgary Stampede (10 days in early July) and the summer and Christmas breaks, 3-4 months prior otherwise.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-266-7331
- Email: Contact through their website.
- Website: marriott.com
Calgary Marriott Downtown – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor pool and hot tub (access it through the fitness center).
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7. Modern, large, and lots of natural light.
- For Disabled Guests: Standard rooms (King and Queen) are accessible with roll-in showers..
Calgary Marriott Downtown – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: One18 Empire – Whiskey-inspired bar and restaurant featuring a selection of over 100 varieties of whiskeys. Focus on shareable dishes. Opens early in the morning and closes at midnight. Tip: Order a whiskey flight to try 5 different types of whiskies.
- Café: There is a Starbucks on-site.
- Bar/Lounge: The lobby (The Great Room) is fully-licensed. One18 Empire has a popular whiskey bar.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast for Club Room guests, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum members, or included in some package deals. Can be purchased for an additional fee.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service.
Calgary Marriott Downtown – Rooms
- Room Types: Guest Room (1 King/2 Queens) • Larger Guest Room (King) • M Club Guest Room (1 King) • 1 Bedroom Suite (1 King) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The luxurious and spacious 1 Bedroom Suite is the best room. Club Rooms can be purchased for an additional fee and are located on higher floors. Lounge Access provides the use of exclusive space on the second floor and includes all-day snacks, complimentary hot breakfast, evening bartender and complimentary appetizers, premium wi-fi, and business services.
- For Families: Several adjoining rooms are available. The 2 Queen Guest Rooms have 2 Queen beds and can sleep 4.
Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (90m).
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (400m).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1 km).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Milestones – Family-friendly restaurant at the back of the hotel. Outdoor patio. Open for lunch and dinner only. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. (200m).
- Ten Foot Henry – Vegetable-anchored menu focused on family-style dining (also has a tiny adjoining toast bar, Little Henry, if you are short on time). Scrumptious avocado toast. (600m).
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Upscale, dark wood bar with adjoining dining room. Live local bands play (pop/rock and R&B) every Friday and Saturday evenings 10pm-1am. (700m).
- Native Tongues Taqueria – Rustic cantina known for its excellent Mexican food, family-style tacos, cocktails, and mezcal and tequila tastings. (700m).
- Red’s Diner – Casual, homey diner with friendly service, open for breakfast and lunch. Famous for their Eggs Benedict. (1 km).
- Bonterra Trattoria – Casual Italian fare in a Tuscan-style décor. Beet salad is outstanding and so is the beautiful outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Posto Pizzeria & Bar – Next to Bonterra Trattoria. Cozy and casual in a rustic atmosphere with a wine bar. Open-flamed pizza oven and some inspired pizzas. Small outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Una Pizza & Wine – Trendy and lively spot serving delicious and creative thin-crust pizzas. Often busy during peak dinner hours; while waiting for a table, check out the romantic and cozy Frenchie Wine Bar located at the back of the restaurant. There is a dog-friendly outdoor patio as well. (1.5 km).
- The Coup – Ethical vegetarian restaurant focusing on organic, local, and made-from-scratch foods and drinks. Small outdoor patio. (2.5 km).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Deville Coffee – Just off Stephen Avenue Walk. If you need a break from the crowds, check out this little oasis, especially the coffeeshop’s second level. Amazing coffee, maybe the best in the city. Locals adore this little place. (300m).
- Village Ice Cream – Delicious homemade ice cream. A local favorite, so expect long lines during peak summertime hours. Tucked away at the end of 10th Avenue SE. (750m).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. (200m).
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – This contemporary brew pub offers its own brand of in-house beer and delicious pub-fare. Happy hour every day 2-6pm. (1 km).
- Trolley 5 – Two-level brewery where you can watch the brewing process from any seat. Outdoor patio spills onto the sidewalk and the hustle and bustle of 17th Avenue. (2 km).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. Just steps from the hotel. (150m).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. (600m).
- Steeling Home – A treasure trove of unique gifts, souvenirs, and knick-knacks on 17th Avenue. (2.5 km).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. (50m).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. (700m).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. (700m).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. (1.5 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Sunterra Market Keynote – Grocery store with gourmet cafeteria-style self-serve, including a coffee bar, large salad bar, and a variety of ready-made meals. 3rd-floor restaurant, MARKETBar, is a full-service bar/restaurant offering a rooftop patio with city views. (500m).
- Safeway – Large supermarket with deli, bakery, and on-site Starbucks. (1.5 km).
Calgary Marriott Downtown – The Hotel
All Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
- Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Fairmont Palliser
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown
- Hotel Arts
- Hotel Arts Kensington
- Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Le Germain Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- The Westin Calgary