E Hotel – Functional, comfortable, convenient, and affordable – also attached to an excellent mall.
Perfect for shopaholics, the E Hotel is, as expected by the name, modern, compact, and a little funky. An all-glass exterior, glowing purple lights in the lobby, and abstract art on the walls – this hotel is certainly a little different from most others in traditional Chennai. Rooms are more spacious than many in the city center and feature chic (but a little uncomfortable) chairs, although the bed does look inviting. Views are expansive and the bathroom (with an unusual seat) is quite large. Suites feature kitchenettes and separate living/dining rooms, and breakfast is included for all guests. For many, however, the major attraction is that the lobby is just meters from the entrance to the world-class Express Avenue mall, with numerous places to eat, drink, and shop.
E Hotel – The Location
- Address: Gate 1, Express Avenue mall, Patullos Road, in the inner southern suburbs. Tall and imposing glass building attached to the western part of the mall.
- Nearest Metro: Thousand Lights metro station is 800m from the hotel.
- Area: Outside the carpark area, the roads are busy and noisy but packed with interesting shops and cafés. The hotel is at least 50m from the main road.
- How to Get There: There are efficient pre-paid taxi counters at the domestic and international airports; the trip takes about 45 minutes (16 km). (Uber and Ola seem to be off-limits there.) The hotel is linked by metro to the airport, Central and Egmore train terminals, and CMBT (Koyambedu) bus station. See Local Transport below for more information.
E Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily a business hotel, although it caters well for tourists, too, including families.
- Views: Most rooms face away from the mall, providing extensive street views. Some face more towards the mall, so the views are not as good.
- Kitchens: Emperor Suites feature kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of inner-city hotel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)44 2846 3333
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: emallhotel.com
E Hotel – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected (or provided).
- Fitness Center: One of the rooms on the 4th floor has been converted to a very small gym, providing the barest amount of equipment.
E Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: At the lobby level is the bright and cheerful café, Entree. Long menu of Indian and international vegetarian food, including Thai and Mexican. Also, buffets at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bar attached.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast included for all guests.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of about 7 am to 10 pm.
E Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Elegance Rooms • Emperor Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking allowed in some rooms.
- Best Room: Emperor Suites are exactly twice the size of the standard rooms and feature separate living/dining areas and kitchenettes.
- For Families: Suites are large enough for 2 extra single beds. Additionally, connecting doors allow a suite to join a room for a perfect combination large enough for a family of 5. Suites also feature dining areas and kitchenettes.
E Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: Vibrant area, if a little chaotic. Some shady sidewalks, and always something fascinating to find on foot.
- Public Transport: The metro offers services to both airport terminals, the major train and bus stations, and the city center. The nearest metro stations – Thousand Lights – is 800m from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: The black-and-yellow taxis at the airport are nowhere to be seen in the city. Instead, they have been replaced by the app-based Uber and Ola. Plenty of auto-rickshaws around but the drivers won’t use meters, so they usually cost more than Uber or Ola.
E Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Most guests will probably head to the fantastic Express Avenue mall attached to the hotel. It offers familiar outlets, such as Subway, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks, as well as numerous atractive cafés and restaurants, such as Chili’s American Grill and Cafe Coffee Day. And the food court is huge.
Otherwise, try the Taj Club House hotel. Head north to the main road, turn right, and right again at Club House Road. It offers:
- Beyond Indus – Very swish décor, and traditional cuisine from across India with modern influences.
- Kefi – Mediterranean cuisine. Stylish Greek-themed décor inside and al fresco seating on the rooftop for sunsets, views, and breezes. Dinner only.
- Club House – Open 24 hours for contemporary Asian cuisine, including buffets, and live music most nights.
- Only meters from the hotel lobby is an entrance to the world-class Express Avenue mall. More than 200 places to eat and shop over 5 levels. Also, one of India’s largest games arcades, and a cinema complex that also shows western films.
E Hotel – The Hotel
All Chennai Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador Pallava
- Avenue 11 Boutique Residences
- Courtyard by Marriott Chennai
- Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park
- Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels
- Hyatt Regency Chennai
- La Woods Hotel
- Novotel Chennai Chamiers Road
- Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre
- The Raintree, Anna Salai
- Residency Towers Chennai
- Taj Club House
- Taj Connemara
- The Residency Chennai
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai