Q. What are the best wineries to tour on Santorini?
Santorini is famous for its wine. Many wineries offer tours and wine tasting. Most wineries are closed on Sunday so check their schedules online before visiting. If you want to visit multiple wineries Get Your Guide offers some great wine tours.
- Santorini Half-Day Small Group and Private Wine Tour – Visit 3 traditional wineries and vineyards scattered around Santorini. 12 different tastings. 4 hours long.
- Santorini Cooking Class and Wine-Tasting Tour – Visit 2 wineries, taste 9 different wines, and cook traditional Greek food with the help of a professional chef.
- Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum (Kamari) – A 300 meter long cellar (8 meters underground) that hosts a wine museum. The museum presents the history of Greek wine and the life of vine-growers in Santorini since the 1600s.
- Santo Wines (Pyrgos) – The most comprehensive tours of any one winery. It has a large shop filled with wines and local food specialties. Fantastic views of the cliffs and caldera.
- Boutari (Megalohori) – Taste 8 high quality wines for 8 euros from Santorini’s largest winery.
- Sigalas (Oia) – A small winery a short walk from a bus stop on the Fira-Oia bus route. It has wine tastings with appetizers from April to October.
The Santorini Brewing Company is a new brewery on Santorini (opened in 2011) that makes the best beer in Greece. They offer tours and tastings and are located near Exo Gonia (about half way between Fira and Kamari). Phone number: 30 22860-30268.