Updated: February 19, 2017
- Wine tours are incredibly popular on Santorini and they fill up quickly – book early.
- Boat tours rarely sell out, so book your wine tour first. It’s usually fine to book boat tours after you arrive on the island.
- Get Your Guide is a good website for finding and booking Santorini tours.
What are the best Santorini wine tours?
Santorini is famous for its wine and wineries. Many wineries offer tours and wine tasting. Most wineries are closed on Sunday so check their schedules online before visiting. If you want to visit multiple wineries then book a wine tour.
- Santorini Half-Day Small Group and Private Wine Tour – This is the best wine tour on Santorini, if you can only do one, do this one. You’ll visit three traditional wineries and vineyards scattered around Santorini. 12 different tastings. 4 hours long. Hotel pickup and dropoff makes it all super easy.
- Santorini Cooking Class and Wine-Tasting Tour – Visit 2 wineries, taste 9 different wines, and cook traditional Greek food with the help of a professional chef.
- Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum (Kamari) – A 300 meter long cellar (8 meters underground) that hosts a wine museum. The museum presents the history of Greek wine and the life of vine-growers in Santorini since the 1600s.
- Santo Wines (Pyrgos) – The most comprehensive tours of any one winery. It has a large shop filled with wines and local food specialties. Fantastic views of the cliffs and caldera.
- Boutari (Megalohori) – Taste 8 high quality wines for 8 euros from Santorini’s largest winery.
- Sigalas (Oia) – A small winery a short walk from a bus stop on the Fira-Oia bus route. It has wine tastings with appetizers from April to October.
The Santorini Brewing Company is a new brewery on Santorini (opened in 2011) that makes the best beer in Greece. They offer tours and tastings and are located near Exo Gonia (about half way between Fira and Kamari). Phone number: 30 22860-30268 (but you can drop in without a reservation).