Home > Canalta Lodge Review
Updated: March 11, 2020
Canalta Lodge – New, all-weather, family-friendly base camp with large rooms.
Banff’s newest hotel has a fun, casual vibe and features a trendy outdoor courtyard with hot tubs, a cold plunge pool, barrel-style sauna, and a fire pit. The spacious rooms are comfortable with a base camp theme featuring black and white plaid and yellow lantern-style lights, and feel extra spacious with high ceilings. A complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet is served daily. They have a small coffee bar and licensed lounge, and lots of common areas for guests to share their stories. The hotel is located at the far end of Banff Avenue, so the area is quieter and only has a handful of eateries nearby.
Canalta Lodge – Location
- Address: 545 Banff Ave #1B5, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1B5.
- Area: On the north end of Banff Avenue – Banff’s main street – in a quiet area of town. A handful of restaurants and bars are nearby, otherwise, the majority are in the town center.
Canalta Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome.
- Pet Policy: Pets are allowed in ground-level standard rooms only. No other restrictions. CA$20 per night, per pet.
- View: Some rooms have mountain views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Coin-operated laundry facilities on-site.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Underground parking available for CA$7. No valet.
- Extras: Bicycles are available for rent at CA$25 per day (24-hour period). Community fire pit, swing chairs, and outdoor barbecue. 10 suites have fireplaces. Keurig coffee machines in all rooms.
- When To Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is advised.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-762-2112
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: canaltalodge.com
Canalta Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Sauna hut with dry sauna located in the pleasant courtyard, along with two hot tubs and a glacier plunge tub.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7.
- For Disabled Guests: One of the Single Queen rooms is accessible.
Canalta Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Cafe: Happy Camper coffee shop in the lobby with shared seating in the lobby/breakfast area. Live music on Fridays and Saturdays featuring local musicians (6-9pm).
- Bar/Lounge: No bar or lounge.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast is served daily.
- Room Service: No room service.
Canalta Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Single Queen (Accessible) ● Double Queen (Standard/with Kitchen/with Sofa and Fireplace) ● Double Queen Suite (Loft/Loft with Bunk Beds) ● Single King (Standard/with Kitchen) ● Single King Loft (with Sofa/with Sofa and Kitchen) ● Triple Queen Suite (with Sofa and Fireplace)
- Smoking Rooms: Canalta Lodge is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: Suites and Lofts are spacious and feature sofas. Some have full kitchens. All rooms have AC, Keurig coffee machines, and HDTVs. 10 rooms/suites come with fireplaces.
- For Families: There are no adjoining rooms/suites but the larger suites and suites with lofts can sleep 4-6 people, and some even have kitchens. Cribs are available.
Canalta Lodge – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 17-minute walk (1 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 18-minute walk (1 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 18-minute walk (1 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 19-minute walk (1 mile).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 20-minute walk (1 mile).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. 6-minute drive (2 miles).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 19-minute walk (1 mile).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 26-minute walk (1 mile).