Mount Royal Hotel – Warm and friendly hotel in a prime location.
This newly-renovated hotel is in the heart of downtown Banff and just steps from several restaurants, bars, shops, museums, and the Bow River Trail. The sprawling property is a collection of buildings acquired over the last century that give it a unique blend of character and charm. The rooms are modern with sleek bathrooms and offer some of the best views of any downtown hotel. There is a family-friendly restaurant, Tony Roma’s, and a separate bar/lounge. The rooftop lounge area and terrace, with two outdoor hot tubs, offer excellent views of downtown Banff and the mountains beyond. Due to its location, there may be some street noise from the bars in the area; a guest room at the back of the hotel will probably be quieter.
Mount Royal Hotel – Location
- Area: In the heart of downtown, on the corner of Banff Avenue (Banff’s main street) and Caribou Street.
- Address: 138 Banff Ave.
- Nearest Bus: Downtown Caribou (150m).
Mount Royal Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Cribs available and special kids menu in the restaurant.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
- View: Great views from all rooms.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Laundry and dry-cleaning services available.
- Parking: Free outdoor parking. Limited space.
- Extras: All rooms have ACs.
- When To Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is advised.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-877-862-2623
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: banffjaspercollection.com
Mount Royal Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool. Two rooftop hot tubs and an indoor sauna.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Accessible rooms and bathrooms available.
Mount Royal Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Tony Roma’s Restaurant – Casual family dining restaurant renowned for its BBQ ribs, steaks, and seafood. 7am-10pm Sunday-Thursday and up to 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Bars/Lounges: Cascade Lounge – Limited food and drinks menu, including cheeseboard, pizza, wine, and beer available 4-10pm only. Located on the top floor and for hotel guests only. Hours 10am-10pm daily. ● Tony Roma’s Lounge – Across the lobby from the restaurant. Open till 1am daily.
- Breakfast: Not included with room.
- Room Service: No room service.
Mount Royal Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Centennial Room View • Centennial Room • Heritage Room • Junior Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Mount Royal Hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The Junior Suite is the best room and comes with a separate living area and kitchenette.
- For Families: Adjoining rooms are available. Request when booking.
Mount Royal Hotel – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. Kitty corner from the hotel. (100m).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. Just past BeaverTails. (150m).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. (250m).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. (300m).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. (400m).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. (2.5 km).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub next door. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. (50m).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. (1.5 km).