Banff Aspen Lodge – Simple, appealing, and good value hotel in downtown Banff.
This attractive no-frills hotel is close to downtown, has a modern décor, and features an inviting open-air courtyard with two small outdoor hot tubs and a poolside fireplace. The hotel is clean and well-maintained and offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, free underground parking, and a coffee shop that overlooks Banff’s main street and has a nice outdoor patio with mountain views. There are no additional amenities such as restaurant, bar, or fitness room but its proximity to downtown provides easy access to a wide selection of restaurants and shopping. Guest rooms, lobby, entrance, and café have all been renovated in 2021. (Photos below are pre-renovation.)
Banff Aspen Lodge – Location
- Area: Short walk to Banff’s town center.
- Address: 401 Banff Avenue.
- Nearest Bus: Rabbit Street East (200m).
Banff Aspen Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome but there are no real facilities for children.
- Pet Policy: Pet friendly. Select designated rooms (with balconies) are available on the ground floor.
- View: Most rooms at the front of the hotel have mountain views. Rooms at the back and side have limited views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities available.
- Parking: Complimentary heated underground parking.
- Extras: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet. Two outdoor hot tubs with fireplace. Baby cribs.
- When to Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is advised.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-877-886-8857/403-762-4401
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: banffaspenlodge.com
Banff Aspen Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Two outdoor hot tubs with fireplace. Indoor steam room and sauna. Open between 9am and 10pm.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: 2 wheelchair-accessible rooms.
Banff Aspen Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Cafe: Whitebark Café serves coffee and light snacks with a nice outdoor patio and mountain views. Guests staying more than two nights are offered one complimentary beverage at the Whitebark Café or a $4 donation to the Banff Community Foundation which supports green initiatives. Daily 6:30 am–7 pm.
- Bar/Lounge: No bar or lounge.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast is served daily in the Breakfast Room located on the parkade level (no windows or views). Weekdays 7-10am/Weekends: 6:30-10:30am.
- Room Service: No room service.
Banff Aspen Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Economy • Superior • Premium • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Banff Aspen Lodge is 100% smoke-free. Smoking is only allowed on room balconies.
- Best Room: The Premium King Rooms are the largest and some even feature sofa beds. They are located at the front of the hotel and offer great mountain views.
Banff Aspen Lodge – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. (600m).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. (700m).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. (700m).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. (800m).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. (800m).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. (2.5 km).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. (1 km).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. (1.5 km).