Home > Banff Aspen Lodge Review
Updated: March 10, 2020
Banff Aspen Lodge – Simple, appealing, and good value hotel in downtown Banff.
This attractive no-frills hotel is close to downtown, has a modern décor, and features an inviting open-air courtyard with two small outdoor hot tubs and a poolside fireplace. The hotel is clean and well-maintained and offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, free underground parking, and a coffee shop that overlooks Banff’s main street and has a nice outdoor patio with mountain views. There are no additional amenities such as restaurant, bar, or fitness room but its proximity to downtown provides easy access to a wide selection of restaurants and shopping.
Banff Aspen Lodge – Location
- Address: 401 Banff Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1A9.
- Area: Short walk to Banff’s town center.
Banff Aspen Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome but there are no real facilities for children.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
- View: Most rooms at the front of the hotel have mountain views. Rooms at the back and side have limited views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities available.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Complimentary heated underground parking.
- Extras: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet. Two outdoor hot tubs with fireplace. Baby cribs.
- When To Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is advised.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-877-886-8857/403-762-4401
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: banffaspenlodge.com
Banff Aspen Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Two outdoor hot tubs with fireplace. Indoor steam room and sauna. Open between 9am and 10pm.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: 2 wheelchair-accessible rooms.
Banff Aspen Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Cafe: Whitebark Café serves coffee and light snacks with a nice outdoor patio and mountain views. Daily 6:30 am–7 pm.
- Bar/Lounge: No bar or lounge.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast is served daily in the Breakfast Room located on the parkade level (no windows or views). Weekdays 7-10am/Weekends: 6:30-10:30am.
- Room Service: No room service.
Banff Aspen Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Economy ● Superior ● Premium
- Smoking Rooms: Banff Aspen Lodge is 100% smoke-free. Smoking is only allowed on room balconies.
- Best Room: The Premium King Rooms are the largest and some even feature sofa beds. They are located at the front of the hotel and offer great mountain views.
Banff Aspen Lodge – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 7-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. 5-minute drive (1.5 miles).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 20-minute walk (1 mile).