Home > Fairmont Banff Springs Review
Updated: March 11, 2020
Fairmont Banff Springs – Majestic hotel with numerous facilities and stunning views.
This historic hotel is the most opulent in Banff, nestled in a secluded forested area with lavish décor, palatial architecture, and timeless elegance. All the 757 guest rooms/suites offer modern conveniences while maintaining their traditional charm. There is a wide selection of eateries ranging from a stylish sandwich bar to an extraordinary Canadian steakhouse on-site. The large indoor pool and year-round heated outdoor pool are equally impressive, as is their award-winning spa. Some of their many activities include outdoor tennis courts, horseback riding, bowling alley, and 18-hole golf course. Ideal for families as they offer a Kids Club program with many types of classes/outings, some complementary. Gold level rooms offer access to a private reception and stylish lounge area with complementary breakfast, evening appetizers, all-day beverages, and an honesty bar.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Location
- Address: 405 Spray Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1J4.
- Area: At the foot of Sulphur Mountain in Banff, just over a mile from Banff town center.
Fairmont Banff Springs – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and kids get special discounts and menus in all the restaurants.
- Pet Policy: CA$50 per day, max 2 pets (CA$15 is donated to SPCA). No charge for service dogs. Pets must always be supervised. Dog-sitting services are available for a fee. Breed restrictions may apply.
- View: Rooms at the front and back have mountain views, but the ones at the back are preferable.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Private jacuzzis in 13 rooms and suites. Some suites have jetted tubs.
- Laundry: Laundry, dry-cleaning, and ironing services available.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the property.
- Parking: Valet service for CA$43/night with unlimited access. Self-parking at CA$29/night with unlimited access. Complimentary charging stalls for electric vehicles.
- Extras: 17 gift shops including an art gallery, sports clothing store offering bike rentals and seasonal outdoor equipment, and a liquor store. Complimentary services include daily fitness and yoga classes, guided tours, child carrier backpacks and strollers, bicycles, and shuttle service to Banff Springs Golf Club (summer only). A 5-pin bowling alley, ping pong tables, and pool tables. In the summer: tennis courts, lawn games, driving range, bicycle tours, hiking tours, and campfire evenings. In the winter: stargazing at Spring Meadows, tobogganing, snowshoe tours, curling, ice rink, and campfire evenings.
- When To Book: Book 4-6 months in advance for June-October and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-833-762-6866/403-762-2211
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: fairmont.com
Fairmont Banff Springs – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful outdoor heated pool rivaling the Banff Upper Hot Springs pool with similar magnificent mountain views without any of the crowds, open year-round. Bonus: Bar service is available. Also, large indoor heated pool, small indoor hot tub, and small indoor kids pool, open 6am-11pm.
- Spa: Full service, awarding-winning Willow Stream Spa. Offers a mineral pool, plunge pools, outdoor hot tub, and hair salon.
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours. Includes group fitness and yoga classes.
- For Disabled Guests:
- For Families: Several rooms have parlors in-between, which can all be connected to form 1 and 2-bedroom suites. Kids’ club, cribs, children’s menu in most on-site restaurants and in-room service, discounts for kids of registered guests, and baby-sitting service. Amazing selection of tours and things to do for all ages.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: The Vermillion Room – Main restaurant serving French favorites with a Canadian charm. Open for breakfast (daily), brunch, (weekends), lunch (weekdays), and dinner (daily). ● 1888 Chop House – A modern twist on the authentic Canadian steakhouse, delivering the best of Alberta beef, seafood, and farm fresh local ingredients. Dinner only. Reservations strongly recommended. ● Waldhaus Restaurant – Offers German-inspired fare, from cheesy fondue to divine schnitzels. Located behind the hotel. Dinner and weekend brunches only. ● Grapes Wine Bar – Serves house-cured meats and artisan cheeses, perfectly paired with a large wine list, preserves, and house-made bread. Small, intimate atmosphere. Dinner only. ● STOCK Food & Drink – Snack bar located on ground level with café style seating and an outdoor patio. ● Castello Italiana – Upscale Italian fare. Dinner only. ● Stanley’s Smokehouse – At Banff Springs Golf Club. Open only in the summer. Shuttle service available from main lobby.
- Cafés: Rocky Mountain Afternoon Tea – Served daily 11am-3pm in the Rundle Bar or Castello Italiana. ● The Lookout Patio – Outdoor open kitchen. Mexican menu. Summer only.
- Bars/Lounges: Rundle Bar – Beautiful lounge with amazing views. (Closed for renovations till May 2020.) ● Ramsay Lounge – Small space with a comfy atmosphere, located in the Gatehouse wing. No views.
- Breakfast: Complimentary for Fairmont Gold level and Signature Collection guests.
- Room Service: Available 24/7 from in-room menu, including special kids’ menu.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Rooms
- Room Types: Fairmont ● Fairmont Mountain View ● Deluxe ● Deluxe Mountain View ● Gatehouse ● Gatehouse Mountain View ● Studio ● Junior Mountain View Suite ● Junior Suite – Turret ● Junior Suite – Jacuzzi ● Gatehouse Suite ● One Bedroom Suite ● Two Bedroom Suite ● Terrace Suite ● The Royal Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Fairmont Banff Springs is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: There are several value-additions in different categories, from the size of the room to amenities, balconies, Gold lounge access, and views, so the best room depends on individual requirements. Note: Most Gold rooms have small bathrooms with showers only, so request a bathtub in advance.
Fairmont Banff Springs – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 22-minute walk (1 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 23-minute walk (1 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 24-minute walk (1 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 24-minute walk (1 mile).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 25-minute walk (1 mile).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. 8-minute drive (2.5 miles).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 20-minute walk (1 mile).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 7-minute drive (2 miles).