Fairmont Banff Springs – Majestic hotel with numerous facilities and stunning views.
This historic hotel is the most opulent in Banff, nestled in a secluded forested area with lavish décor, palatial architecture, and timeless elegance. All the seven-fifty-seven guest rooms/suites offer modern conveniences while maintaining their traditional charm. There is a wide selection of eateries ranging from a stylish sandwich bar to an extraordinary Canadian steakhouse. The large indoor pool and year-round heated outdoor pool are equally impressive, as is their award-winning spa. Some of their many activities include outdoor tennis courts, horseback riding, a bowling alley, and an eighteen-hole golf course. Ideal for families as they offer a Kids Club program with many types of classes/outings, some complementary. Gold level rooms offer access to a private reception and stylish lounge area with complementary breakfast, evening appetizers, all-day beverages, and an honesty bar.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Location
- Area: At the foot of Sulphur Mountain in Banff, just over a mile from Banff town center.
- Address: 405 Spray Avenue.
- Nearest Bus: Banff Springs Hotel (100m).
Fairmont Banff Springs – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and kids get special discounts and menus in all the restaurants.
- Pet Policy: CA$50 per day, max 2 pets (CA$15 is donated to SPCA). No charge for service dogs. Pets must always be supervised. Dog-sitting services are available for a fee. Breed restrictions may apply.
- View: Rooms at the front and back have mountain views, but the ones at the back are preferable.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Private jacuzzis in 13 rooms and suites. Some suites have jetted tubs.
- Laundry: Laundry, dry-cleaning, and ironing services available.
- Parking: Valet service for CA$43/night with unlimited access. Self-parking at CA$29/night with unlimited access. Complimentary charging stalls for electric vehicles.
- Extras: 17 gift shops including an art gallery, sports clothing store offering bike rentals and seasonal outdoor equipment, and a liquor store. Complimentary services include daily fitness and yoga classes, guided tours, child carrier backpacks and strollers, bicycles, and shuttle service to Banff Springs Golf Club (summer only). A 5-pin bowling alley, ping pong tables, and pool tables. In the summer: tennis courts, lawn games, driving range, bicycle tours, hiking tours, and campfire evenings. In the winter: stargazing at Spring Meadows, tobogganing, snowshoe tours, curling, ice rink, and campfire evenings.
- When to Book: Book 4-6 months in advance for June-October and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-833-762-6866/403-762-2211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: fairmont.com
Fairmont Banff Springs – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful outdoor heated pool rivaling the Banff Upper Hot Springs pool with similar magnificent mountain views without any of the crowds, open year-round. Bonus: Bar service is available. Also, large indoor heated pool, small indoor hot tub, and small indoor kids pool, open 6am-11pm.
- Spa: Full service, awarding-winning Willow Stream Spa. Offers a mineral pool, plunge pools, outdoor hot tub, and hair salon.
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours. Includes group fitness and yoga classes.
- For Disabled Guests: 7 accessible rooms with roll-in bathrooms available. The lobby, fitness centre, and most restaurants are wheelchair accessible.
- For Families: Several rooms have parlors in-between, which can all be connected to form 1 and 2-bedroom suites. Kids’ club, cribs, children’s menu in most on-site restaurants and in-room service, discounts for kids of registered guests, and baby-sitting service. Amazing selection of tours and things to do for all ages.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: The Vermillion Room – Main restaurant serving French favorites with a Canadian charm. Open for breakfast (daily), brunch, (weekends), lunch (weekdays), and dinner (daily). • 1888 Chop House – A modern twist on the authentic Canadian steakhouse, delivering the best of Alberta beef, seafood, and farm fresh local ingredients. Dinner only. Reservations strongly recommended. • Waldhaus Restaurant – Offers German-inspired fare, from cheesy fondue to divine schnitzels. Located behind the hotel. Dinner and weekend brunches only. • Grapes Wine Bar – Serves house-cured meats and artisan cheeses, perfectly paired with a large wine list, preserves, and house-made bread. Small, intimate atmosphere. Dinner only. • STOCK Food & Drink – Snack bar located on ground level with café style seating and an outdoor patio. • Castello Italiana – Upscale Italian fare. Dinner only. • Stanley’s Smokehouse – At Banff Springs Golf Club. Open only in the summer. Shuttle service available from main lobby.
- Cafés: Rocky Mountain Afternoon Tea – Served daily 11am-3pm in the Rundle Bar or Castello Italiana. • The Lookout Patio – Outdoor open kitchen. Mexican menu. Summer only.
- Bars/Lounges: Rundle Bar – Beautiful lounge with amazing views. • Ramsay Lounge – Small space with a comfy atmosphere, located in the Gatehouse wing. No views.
- Breakfast: Complimentary for Fairmont Gold level and Signature Collection guests.
- Room Service: Available 24/7 from in-room menu, including special kids’ menu.
Fairmont Banff Springs – Rooms
- Room Types: Fairmont • Fairmont Mountain View • Deluxe • Deluxe Mountain View • Gatehouse ● Gatehouse Mountain View • Studio • Junior Mountain View Suite • Junior Suite – Turret • Junior Suite – Jacuzzi • Gatehouse Suite • One Bedroom Suite • Two Bedroom Suite • Terrace Suite • The Royal Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Fairmont Banff Springs is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: There are several value-additions in different categories, from the size of the room to amenities, balconies, Gold lounge access, and views, so the best room depends on individual requirements. Note: Most Gold rooms have small bathrooms with showers only, so request a bathtub in advance.
Fairmont Banff Springs – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. (2 km).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. (2 km).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. (2 km).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. (2 km).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. (2 km).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. (4 km).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. (2 km).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. (3 km).