(Note: This hotel is temporarily closed.)
Moorea Fare Miti – Long-established, beachside, and popular, but no pool or café.
The fares (bungalows) are separate, spacious, and feature an eye-catching traditional design with thatched roofs and broad patios. Sprinkled around immaculate lawns, some are two-story and circular, and all are large enough for families of four. Each has a kitchen, though some have no air-conditioning (ceiling fan only). All are angled towards the water, so most catch at least some glimpses of the sea, but only two directly face the ocean just steps away. The beach is small but adorable, with a motu atoll just offshore adding to the appeal. But it is a little convenient, and surprisingly, there is no pool or café.
Moorea Fare Miti – The Basics
- Location: Along the northwest coast of Moorea Island, about 1 km to the major shops and cafés in Hauru village, 28 km from the airport, and 32km from the ferry terminal.
- Guests: Seems especially popular with older guests. Many return year after year, so it’s often full.
- Beach: A lovely beach with a genuine tropical feel.
- Views: A couple of bungalows directly face the sea, only meters away, while the rest are among the lawns and angled for possible glimpses of the ocean.
- Wi-Fi: Not provided for free anywhere.
- Parking: About half the bungalows allow parking directly outside the door.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 87 21 65 59
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Facebook
Moorea Fare Miti – Amenities
- Pool: Some resorts of this standard and size offer a small pool, but there isn’t one at this place.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange lodge.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Moorea Fare Miti – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Strangely, there is no restaurant, probably because there are only 8 bungalows and all are equipped with kitchens.
- Breakfast: Not provided because all bungalows have kitchens.
- Room Service: Not available.
Moorea Fare Miti – Rooms
- Room Types: A few are 2 stories, circular, and/or air-conditioned, but they’re all called Polynesian Bungalows.
- Smoking Rooms: Not allowed in or near the rooms, but permitted on the beach and in the gardens.
- Best Room: Most bungalows are fairly similar inside, but 2 offer direct beach frontage, with the sea almost within touching distance.
- For families: All bungalows are large enough to accommodate a family of 4 and feature a kitchen.
Moorea Fare Miti – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
A decent selection in Hauru village, with some providing free transfers. The places below are within 1 km north up the road:
- Le Lézard Jaune Café – Chic bistro in part of a home. Limited menu includes haute cuisine, Tahitian food, and children’s meals. Also a lounge bar. Free transfers.
- Le Coco D’isle – Hugely popular despite (or because of) the sandy floor. Tahitian, French, and Chinese food, and pizza. Evenings only and takeaways available.
- Le Sunset – Open-air and colourful setting facing the sea. A chef from France, but also Italian cuisine and local specialties. At Hotel Hibiscus.
- La Plantation – French and Tahitian cuisine, as well as pasta, vegetarian meals, and long list of desserts. Children’s menu, all-day dining, happy hours, and free transfers. At the Sofitel hotel.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- There are a few convenience stores in the village, all within 1 km to the north.
There’s no public transport around Moorea Island, but 4 or 5 buses run daily between Hauru village and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask reception for details. The village is just about close enough to walk. Otherwise, hitch a ride or organize an unmetered taxi. For further afield, rent a car or motorbike.
Moorea Fare Miti – The Hotel
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- Hotel Sarah Nui
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Island Beach Hotel
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge