Updated: August 2, 2018
Hôtel Le Paris – Modest, convenient, roomy and affordable.
This oldie but goldie, now part of the Best Western chain after renovations, doesn’t look much from the outside, with the unappealing cladding obstructing all views. But the location is first-rate: facing a relatively quiet street on the city edge, it’s opposite the charming old library and alongside one of the city’s best cafés called, um, Le Best Café. Rooms are plain, with no apparent thought about décor, but they’re spacious, comfortable, and importantly, soundproofed against city traffic.
Hôtel Le Paris – The Basics
- Location: 45 Rue de Sebastopol, in the centre of Noumea, on the main island. About 40 minutes from the international airport and 10 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters for anyone, but perhaps more for business people and older travellers on a budget.
- Beach: There are no beaches in the city centre. The nearest is at Baie des Citrons, about 15 minutes south by bus (quicker by taxi).
- Views: All rooms face the city streets, while those at the back are quieter. Inexcusably, all views are obstructed by unnecessary (and ugly) cladding over the windows.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Included free for guests throughout.
- Parking: Only along the street outside. Parking will be free, but security is not guaranteed.
- Phone: (687) 28 17 00
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.hotelleparis-noumea.com/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hôtel Le Paris – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this mid-range city hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hôtel Le Paris – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: There is nowhere to eat or drink onsite, but next door is one of the city’s finest: Le Best Café (see below).
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, but available for a reasonable extra cost at Le Best Café next door.
- Room Service: Available for breakfast only until 9.30am.
Hôtel Le Paris – Rooms
- Room Types: Double Rooms • Double Queen Rooms • Triple Rooms • Twin Rooms • Family Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking not allowed in the rooms, but OK elsewhere.
- Best Room: Rooms are pretty much the same inside. The most popular are the Double Queen Rooms. Those at the back, away from the road in front, will be quieter.
Hôtel Le Paris – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Le Best Café (25 10 10) – one of the city’s finest is conveniently next to the hotel. For grills, pasta, homemade pastries and salads. Also a popular hangout for the snooker table, Wi-Fi, internet lounge and giant TV screens. 1-minute walk.
- L’Annexe (25 33 15) – enchanting position alongside a pond in the Place des Cocotiers park, 400m to the northwest. Always popular for light meals, coffee and ice cream. 5-minute walk.
- New Caledonia Cafeteria – great-value breakfasts and Thai meals. Asian décor, cocktails and happy hours. In the hotel of the same name, 350m down Rue de Sebastopol. 5-minute walk.
- Pause Café (46 52 46) – wonderful for coffee, cakes, light lunches and people-watching. Lunchtime specials and open early for breakfast. About 500m to the south.
- Market or Grocery: The city streets are dotted with shops selling all of life’s necessities.
Bus services 10 and 11 head to the suburban beaches at Anse Vata and Baie des Citrons. The nearest stop is opposite the amusement rides along Rue Georges Clemenceau street.
Hôtel Le Paris – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Family Hotels in New Caledonia
- Hotel Beaurivage – Review
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel du Centre – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Marina Beach Residence – Review
- Nouvata Hotel – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review