Home > Hôtel Le Paris Review
Updated: November 27, 2020
Hôtel Le Paris – Modest, convenient, roomy, and affordable.
This oldie but goldie doesn’t look much from the outside, with cladding obstructing all views. But the location is first-rate: facing a relatively quiet street on the city edge, it’s opposite the charming old library and alongside one of the city’s best cafés called, um, Le Best Café. Rooms are simple but spacious, comfortable, and importantly, soundproofed against city traffic.
Hôtel Le Paris – The Basics
- Location: 45 Rue de Sebastopol, in the center of Noumea on the main island. About 40 minutes from the international airport and 10 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters to everyone, but perhaps more to business people and older travelers on a budget.
- Beach: There are no beaches in the city center. The nearest is at Baie des Citrons, about 15 minutes south by bus (quicker by taxi).
- Views: All rooms face the city streets, while those at the back are quieter. Inexcusably, all views are obstructed by cladding over the windows.
- WiFi: Included free for guests throughout.
- Parking: Only along the street outside. Parking will be free, but security is not guaranteed.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 281 700
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: leparis.nc
Hôtel Le Paris – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this mid-range city hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hôtel Le Paris – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: There is nowhere to eat or drink in the hotel, but next door is one of the city’s finest: Le Best Café (see below).
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, but available for a reasonable extra cost at Le Best Café next door.
- Room Service: Available for breakfast only until 9.30am.
Hôtel Le Paris – Rooms
- Room Types: Double Room • Double Queen Room • Triple Room • Twin Room • Family Room
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms but is okay elsewhere.
- Best Room: Rooms are pretty much the same inside. The most popular are the Double Queen Rooms. Those at the back and away from the road are quieter.
Hôtel Le Paris – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Le Best Café – One of the city’s finest is conveniently next to the hotel. For grills, pasta, homemade pastries, and salads. Also a popular hangout for the snooker table, WiFi, internet lounge, and giant TV screens.
- L’Annexe – Enchanting position alongside a pond in the Place des Cocotiers park, 400m to the northwest. Always popular for light meals, coffee, and ice cream.
- Pause Café – Wonderful for coffee, cakes, light lunches, and people-watching. Lunchtime specials and open early for breakfast. About 500m to the south.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- The city streets are dotted with shops selling all of life’s necessities.
- Bus services 10 and 11 head to the suburban beaches at Anse Vata and Baie des Citrons. The nearest stop is opposite the amusement rides along Rue Georges Clemenceau street.
Hôtel Le Paris – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Casa del Sole Apartments
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences
- Hotel Beaurivage
- Hôtel du Centre
- Hotel Gondwana
- Hôtel Le Lagon
- L’Escapade Îlot Maître
- Le Méridien Nouméa Resort & Spa
- Les Cases de Plum
- Marina Beach Residence
- Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu