Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – Stylish, handy, tranquil, and more affordable than the beachfront resorts.
The two towers with rooms, studios and suites are slightly away from the beach. Despite the distance, views of the sea are still wonderful; even better are those of the hippodrome, a colonial-era horse racing track around a lake with a misty mountain backdrop. Because the towers are round, room layouts can be unusual, but they’re all spacious and well-appointed with some lovely Melanesian décor. The pool is a surprise: resort-style, with sandy edges lined with palms. And bonuses for some are the free parking and golf driving range opposite.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – The Basics
- Location: 7 Rue Louis Bleriot, opposite the hippodrome in Anse Vata, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. The carpark entrance is about 300m up from the Hilton hotel complex which faces the esplanade. About 5 km from the city center, 50 minutes from the international airport, and 12 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters well for holiday makers and business people. Some apartments feature kitchens and 2 or 3 bedrooms.
- Beach: The public beach is about 300m down the street. The beach is narrow, a little rocky and noisy from the esplanade traffic, but reasonably scenic and calm. A quieter and cleaner stretch of public sands is in front of Le Méridien, about 1 km south of the Ramada via the coast (not the road).
- Views: All rooms boast superb views – of the sea (albeit distant) or (better) the hippodrome and mountains.
- WiFi: A reasonable amount of data is provided free per day per room.
- Parking: Secure and free in a multi-level private carpark.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 23 90 00
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: wyndhamhotels.com
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is large, stylish, and shady – the sort expected at a larger resort.
- Spa: The Day Spa is at ground level. Not well-promoted, it offers the usual massages, facials, and manicures.
- Fitness Center: Small but decent.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – Food and Drink
- Restauranst & Bar: L’Entrecôte au 360 – Apparently, the only revolving restaurant in the country. Top floor for awesome views, grills, and seafood with secret sauces, and all-you-can-eat fries and salads. Reservations advisable during evenings • Sports Bar – all sorts of games on numerous screens. Lovely poolside setting for buffet breakfasts, light lunches, tapas, and dinners. Also, karaoke and salsa nights.
- Breakfast: Included in some rates, but depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of 7am to 9.30pm.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio • Superior Junior Suite • 1 Bedroom Apartment • 2 Bedroom Apartment • Ramada Suite (with 3 bedrooms)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but permitted on the balconies.
- Best Room: The colorful and spacious 1 Bedroom Apartments feature separate living/dining rooms, kitchens and extended balconies facing the sea.
- For families: All apartments have fully-equipped kitchens and 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms and bathrooms, thereby accommodating almost all family configurations.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Chai de L’Hippodrome – Just 50m from the carpark entrance. Elegant setting, silver service, and haute cuisine – and, of course, chai (tea).
- Le Faré du Palm Beach – Cheery and perfect for people-watching. Big breakfasts, fresh salads, homemade burgers, waffles, and ice cream.
- Hanoi Plage – Quaint and chic, serving Vietnamese cuisine and DIY grills on the table. Indoors and street-side setting.
- La Bodega del Mar – Shares the same pier as Le Roof. More affordable with tapas, pizza, cocktails, and live music.
- Le Roof – Extraordinary setting on a pier above the water. Sumptuous decor but expensive seafood. Intimate and romantic. Sunsets guaranteed; maybe not dolphins below.
- Stone Grill – Affable, busy, and street-side steakhouse, with all types of meat and pasta. Daily specials and takeaways.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A well-stocked minimart is just up the street from the carpark entrance, next to the Budget Rent-a-Car office.
- Buses 10, 11, and 70 stop outside the Nouvata Hotel along the esplanade on the way to the city center – some via the neighboring beach at Baie des Citrons.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu