Home > Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport Hotel Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: October 9, 2019
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Compact, convenient, functional, and reliable.
This is one of many in Aerocity, an enclave of hotels and tourist facilities only 5 minutes from the airport by car/taxi. And as part of a well-known chain, guests know exactly what to expect at this Holiday Inn: comfortable rooms, reasonable rates, and practical amenities such as a pool, spa, and gym. But the overall spaciousness and serenity may surprise many, enhanced by the excellently soundproofed walls and windows. It offers a top-notch location for cafés, bars, and malls, and is walkable to the metro station which provides express services to downtown Delhi.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – The Location
(Not to be confused with the Holiday Inn Express at Terminal 3 within the airport.)
- Address: In Aerocity, a modern suburb with nothing but hotels and tourist facilities; in fact, no-one lives there. About 10 minutes (4.5km) by car/taxi from the international and domestic terminals.
- Area: More tranquil, tidy, and secure, and far less hassle than staying anywhere in the city center. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- How to Get There: 1-way or 2-way transfers to/from the airport are included, but this depends on whether guests have booked a room or suite. Otherwise, get a taxi. See Local Transport below for information about the Delhi Metro.
- Handy to: Airport.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all, particularly those on business. Most guests are seeking accommodations somewhere close to the airport.
- Views: Superior street views from the upper 2 floors, while rooms on the lower levels are closer to the noisy road. Some rooms face inwards and overlook the pool. All rooms are soundproofed well.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided at this sort of transit hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: One/two-way transfers can be included. Club Lounge access for suite guests. Daily newspaper delivered to all rooms.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4222 2000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ihg.com
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Amenities
- Pool: Decent sized and outdoors on the first level. Reasonably shady.
- Spa: The Lea Spa & Salon offers an impressive array of facials, traditional massages, and scrubs.
- Fitness Center: The Health and Fitness Centre is surprisingly good. Separate men’s and women’s steam rooms.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Cots. Special deals for food and accommodation.
- Other Facilities: Travel desk. Business services. Money-changing. Boutiques.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Viva – All-day dining, offering buffets and a la carte from across the globe. Promoted as an ‘interactive experience’ with open-plan kitchen areas. • Viva Deli – Indian and European pastries and delicacies. Also, tea and coffee which can be selected using the ‘sniffing box’. • Bella Italia – First branch in India of this UK chain. Pasta, pizza, grills, and gelato in vibrant, quirky, and cozy setting.
- Bar: The Hangar – Lounge & Bar – At the lobby and open until 1 am for cocktails, wines, and spirits. Intimate setting, pub-style meals, and modern décor.
- Breakfast: Included if staying in a suite, but not free for guests in the rooms.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Rooms
- Room Types: King Executive Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Superior Rooms • Executive Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Dedicated rooms and areas for smokers.
- Best Room: Executive Suites are significantly larger and feature separate living rooms. Also includes pleasant extras like 2-way airport transfers, Club Lounge access, and free laundry.
- For Families: Many rooms feature 2 double beds and are ideal for small families. Some rooms and suites also have connecting doors.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty of facilities within the suburb of Aerocity, which is about 1km by 400m in area. The special zone offers things rarely (if ever) found elsewhere in Delhi: e.g. shady footpaths, minimal traffic, and no hassles.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. An express service, with only 4 stops, links Aerocity with the New Delhi station, attached to the main railway terminal. The Aerocity metro station is about 500m down the main road from the hotel. 6-minute walk.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and even harder to find in Aerocity than elsewhere in Delhi. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Oddly, there are no auto-rickshaws in Aerocity.
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The area is packed with upmarket hotels offering classy bistros and bars. The closest and one of the finest is Spice It, a colorful café on the ground floor of the Ibis hotel, just 150m up the road. 2-minute walk.
In and around the Worldmark shopping malls (see below) are many fabulous options, including:
- Underdoggs Aerocity – Award-winning sports bar open all day. Tasty pub-style food, trendy décor, hip crowd, and live music. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Food Capital +91 85277 26011 – Expansive basement food court with several tempting eateries offering Indian, Chinese, and western food, e.g. pizzas. 8-minute walk (110m).
- Dhaba – Popular for authentic local food and the cozy and colorful setting. 2-minute walk (140m).
- Kylin Experience – Very swish bistro/bar specializing in Japanese cuisine. 2-minute walk (150m).
- Plum by Bent Chair Delhi – Quirky décor and hearty portions. As famous for its chairs as its cocktails and curries. 2-minute walk (200m).
- Worldmark 1, 2, and 3 are a trio of massive western-style shopping malls. All are alongside each other, just around the corner and within a 1-2 minute walk of the hotel. The malls are also home to well-known outlets, e.g. Starbucks and Subway, as well as numerous boutiques and minimarts. 1-minute walk (70m).
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions – Review
- Andaz Delhi – Review
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel – Review
- Hyatt Regency Delhi – Review
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel – Review
- The Imperial New Delhi – Review
- La Sagrita – Review
- The LaLiT New Delhi – Review
- Le Méridien New Delhi – Review
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel – Review
- The Leela Palace New Delhi – Review
- Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Review
- The Lodhi – Review
- Lutyens Bungalow – Review
- The Oberoi New Delhi – Review
- Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity – Review
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel – Review
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi – Review