India › Delhi Hotels › Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place Review
Updated: March 22, 2022
• Location: Connaught Circle.
• Hotel website: radissonhotels.com
• Hotel phone: +91 (0)11 4690 9090
• Check prices for Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – Style, tradition, and charm in the midst of downtown.
Right in the center of all the action around Connaught Place, this boutique hotel provides elegance and history. Spread along an upper level and pleasingly soundproofed, rooms are compact and functional and feature some Indian-style decorations. Half the rooms connect to a common, semi-private terraced courtyard with views of the road two floors below; the remainder overlook the far quieter inner streets. Smaller and more personable than other four and five-star hotels in downtown, the Radisson still offers impressive amenities (though there’s no space for a pool), and it’s very handy to several facilities, park, and metro station.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – The Location
- Address: G-59 in Block G within Connaught Place, a series of circular roads within the city center. On the corner of Radial Road Number 3 (a side-street going into the circle) and Connaught Circle (the outer ring road).
- Nearest Metro: Rajiv Chowk metro station is just 200m away.
- Area: Within the center of Delhi, so the very busy roads, crowds, and noise can be overwhelming at times.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and then get a connection to the Rajiv Chowk station (200m from the hotel). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 30-45 minutes (20 km).
- Handy to: All the facilities at Connaught Place.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – The Basics
- Guests: Combination of tourists and business people all relishing the convenience.
- Views: Rooms along the outer part of the building feature a common courtyard overlooking the main road from 2 floors up. The other rooms provide less interesting views of the inner streets but are certainly quieter. All rooms are well soundproofed.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of inner-city boutique hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: Free laundry for Business Class Rooms. Guests in the Suites get free Club Lounge access, spa treatment, and airport transfers.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4690 9090
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: radissonhotels.com
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – Amenities
- Pool: Not expected or provided at this sort of inner-city boutique hotel.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate.
- Spa: Surprisingly large, the stylish Sohum Spa is on the ground floor. Traditional-style treatments and highly-trained staff.
- Other Facilities: Travel desk. Business Center (open 24 hours). Money-changing. Laundry.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The Great Kabab Factory – Famous for skewered meats and vegetables, all created using traditional cooking methods. Indoors, spacious, and curious décor. • Fifty9 – Named after the hotel address, it’s the place for breakfast and light meals all day. Impressive selection of western food. • The Connaught – Stylish bar/lounge with imported spirits, specializing in whiskey. Finger food available.
- Breakfast: Included for guests in Business Class Rooms. Otherwise can be paid for when booking or on the day.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Business Class Rooms • Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas. Dedicated spot on the balcony for smokers.
- Best Room: Suites are considerably more spacious and offer welcome extras such as laundry, airport transfers, spa treatment, and access to the Club Lounge.
- For Families: Not really set up for families. Book 2 adjoining rooms, but these won’t have connecting doors.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – Local Transport
- Walking: Everything tourists need – and so much more – is within a few minutes’ walk in all directions. It gets far quieter further within the circle and closer to the park.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest metro station, Rajiv Chowk, is only 200m; head along the side-street towards the park. Additionally, the hotel is about 1.5km by auto-rickshaw from the New Delhi railway station, with services all over India.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
So much to choose from around Connaught Place, but there are only a few options in the immediate area:
- China Garden – Next to the hotel entrance. Surprisingly spacious, it wins annual awards for attentive service, stylish décor, and innovative menu. Next to the hotel entrance.
- Oh My Gopala! – Elegant setting and authentic vegetarian food from across the country. Ideal for fussy eaters. About 80m left around the corner.
- Pioneer’s Flavours of China +91 (0)11 4151 3523 – One of several nearby restaurants specializing in Chinese cuisine. Very popular over many years. From the corner, head right for about 100m.
- All sorts of places to shop, eat, and drink in every direction around Connaught Place. The (1-way) outer ring road which the hotel faces is very noisy. Far nicer for shopping and strolling are the side-streets and inner ring roads within the circle. And relax at Central Park, in the middle of the circle.
Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter