Hyatt Regency – Enormous, modern, and almost imposing, but isolated.
The most southerly and therefore, most distant of the inner-city high-rise hotels, with an unappealing outside design that belies the opulent interior. From the marble lobby, there are shops, restaurants, and bars in all directions, and a spiral staircase leads to the large pool set within a garden of rare lawns. With an admirable mixture of contemporary and traditional, all rooms and suites are very appealing, and the residences feature up to three bedrooms. Despite being in a fairly scruffy and noisy area, advantages for some would be its proximity to a metro station and the hotel’s location about halfway between the airport and downtown.
Hyatt Regency – The Location
- Address: Bhikaji Cama Place and facing Mahatma Gandhi Marg (road). In the more distant southern part of the inner city.
- Nearest Metro: Bhikaji Cama metro station is just 150m from the hotel.
- Area: In an area with wide streets and plenty of noise and traffic all over. On the southern edge of the city section sometimes called ‘Diplomatic Enclave’ or ‘Diplomatic Area’.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station, and then get a connection to the Bhikaji Cama Place metro station (150m from the hotel via a subway). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 30 minutes (13 km).
Hyatt Regency – The Basics
- Guests: A combination of business people and tourists, with plenty of guests from across India.
- Views: As the only high-rise in the area, views of the streets are extensive. Always fascinating but rarely scenic.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected – nor provided – at this sort of high-rise city hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: Guests in some suites get free access to the Club Lounge and airport transfers.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 2679 1234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hyatt.com
Hyatt Regency – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is large and features a likable garden setting rather than a lofty rooftop position. Attached splash area for toddlers and resort-style bar.
- Spa: Part of the massive fitness center, with a whirlpool, sauna, and steam rooms.
- Fitness Center: The Club Olympus Fitness Centre is alongside the spa and features all the latest equipment. Open 24/7, and personal trainers available. Yoga classes can also be arranged in the special studio.
- Other Facilities: Shopping arcade. Money exchange. Laundry. Travel desk. Business Center.
Hyatt Regency – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: La Piazza – Wins awards frequently for its Italian fare. Renowned across the city for more than just pizzas and pasta. Authentic décor, open-plan kitchen, and extended wine list. • T.K’s Oriental Grill – Japanese teppanyaki and Mongolian barbeques in a swanky setting. Also, Thai a la carte and special lunchtime grills on weekends. • The China Kitchen – Award-winning and contemporary cuisine with many expat chefs. Bar attached. Hugely popular for Sunday lunches of dim sum. • Café – Pleasant and casual setting overlooking the gardens. Popular for afternoon High Teas and healthy food, including salads. • Sidewalk Pastry Shop – French-style patisserie with fresh breads and cakes. Seats alongside in a bright and airy position. • Polo Lounge – English-style pub with TV sports and imported wines, beers, and spirits. Fascinating photos all over the walls. Open all day. • The Deck – Resort-style bar by the pool.
- Breakfast: Included for those in Suites and for Club Lounge members.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hyatt Regency – Rooms
- Room Types: King Bed or Twin Beds with Pool View or Club Access • Regency Suites King • Regency Suites Terrace • Regency Executive Suites • Premier Suites • Diplomat Suites • Residences with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms may allow smoking. Check with the management when booking.
- Best Room: The Diplomat Suites are ultra-swish. Nearly 3 times larger than the standard suites and on a special floor, with living rooms, huge dining tables, and luxurious marble bathrooms.
- For Families: All rooms and suites can fit in at least 1 extra single bed, and some have connecting doors. Residences in another wing have 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms.
Hyatt Regency – Local Transport
- Walking: Almost nothing worthwhile within walking distance, and the surrounding streets are noisy and clogged with traffic.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest metro station is Bhikaji Cama Place (150m from the hotel via a subway).
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
Hyatt Regency – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Nothing of any interest to locals, let alone tourists, within walking distance, so take a taxi, auto-rickshaw, or the metro to Connaught Place (10km). These 3 places are near the Radisson Blu hotel:
- Oh My Gopala! – Elegant setting and authentic vegetarian food from across the country. Ideal for fussy eaters. About 50m around the corner from the Radisson. (10 km).
- China Garden – Next to the hotel entrance. Surprisingly spacious, it wins annual awards for attentive service, stylish décor, and innovative menu. (11 km).
Along Janpath, the road towards Connaught Place, these cafes are within walking distance north up the road from the Janpath metro station:
- 52 Janpath – The name is the address, but along a lane, so it’s distant from traffic noise. With courtyard, charming interior, and a long menu of mainly western food. Live music on some nights. (250m).
- Moonshine Cafe & Bar Janpath – More salubrious than the name might suggest. Back from the traffic-clogged road, popular for live music, DJs, and tasty food. (350m).
- Café Delhi Heights – One in a chain of popular eateries. Upstairs for views, affable staff, and extra-long menu focused on healthy options. Drinks specials all day. (350m).
- Nothing within walking distance, so take a taxi, auto-rickshaw, or the metro to Connaught Place (10 km). Don’t be put off by the incessant traffic and noise of the (one-way) outer ring road. Stroll among the endless places to eat, drink, and shop within the inner streets, and relax at Central Park in the middle of the circle.
Hyatt Regency – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai