Updated: July 3, 2018
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Superlative facilities, out of the way but not isolated, and ideal for families.
Rooms in this extraordinary resort fall into 2 categories, differing mostly in layout and views, but all are sumptuous with a fetching Fijian décor. Rooms at the back of the grounds offer sea glimpses (palms permitting) from upper floors, while those alongside the stagnant creek boast finer ocean views from the triangular balconies. Contrastingly, the bures (bungalows) are separated and dotted around the tropical gardens, with a few directly facing the ocean. Each bure features a lofty thatched roof with ornate wallpaper on the ceiling, and a tantalising hammock on the veranda. The resort caters exceptionally well for families, with plenty of activities and a wonderful kids’ club providing engaging activities and a substantial playground. But with an adults-only pool, bars and restaurants, those without children are not ignored. The resort seems isolated, but most guests wouldn’t know several affordable bars and cafés are offsite and easily accessible via the beach.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – The Basics
- Location: Along the southern coast of the main island, Viti Levu, in what’s called the Sunset Strip along the Coral Coast. About 77km from Nadi and the airport, and 8km from Sigatoka, a pleasant regional town centre.
- Guests: Caters for everyone, but is especially focused on families. Adult guests without children have special places to eat, drink and swim, but it’s hard to escape the noise of children having fun.
- Beach: The resort directly faces a clean and narrow beach, which is virtually private. With reefs 500m offshore, the calm waters are perfect for kayaks, paddleboards and toddlers splashing about. Not much shade, however.
- Views: These vary. Many rooms face the sea, but at a distance of 50m to 300m. Most bungalows face the back of another, while a few do directly face the ocean.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary for 30 minutes per day. Packages for longer incur substantial costs.
- Parking: Plentiful and free near the lobby.
- Phone: (679) 650 0044
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/fiji/viti-levu/outrigger-fiji-beach-resort
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The massive lagoon-style pool meanders alongside the beach, with plenty of shallow areas for children. Also, a separate adults-only pool is far away.
- Spa: The remarkable hilltop Bebe Spa Sanctuary is accessible on a hotel buggy. It offers all sorts of amazing massages, exfoliation treatments and waxing, with some of the best views of Fiji from the wrap-around decking.
- Fitness Center: Huge, very well-equipped, and open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None of the rooms have these, but a large Jacuzzi is attached to both pools.
- Activities: All sorts available every day, especially for families. Also, flood-lit tennis courts, putting and chipping greens, and village tours. Additionally, free rental of kayaks, snorkelling gear and paddleboards, all of which are popular among the calm waters. The Kula WILD Adventure Park is only 700m away.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Vale Ni Kana – in a traditional bure (bungalow) with garden views. Breakfast and dinner buffets with a different daily theme, e.g. Fijian, Mexican and Italian. Family-friendly.
- Sundowner Bar & Grill – beachside, with wonderful breezes and views. Meals with imported meat and local seafood, and a wood-fired pizza.
- Baravi Restaurant & Pool Bar – alongside the pool. Specialises in Asian cuisine, with contemporary twists.
- Ivi Restaurant – award-winning, with an intimate setting for couples. Dinner only, bookings essential and a dress code applies.
- Takia on the Go – at the lobby. Casual, for sandwiches, wraps and coffee.
- Vahavu Bistro – alongside the adults-only pool for breakfast and bistro-style lunches. With a swim-up bar and Jacuzzi.
- Vakavanua Lounge – relaxed, adults-only lounge for cocktails, tapas and live music. From 5pm, and dress up.
- Kalokalo Bar – on a hilltop across the road, and accessible by hotel buggy. Cocktails with eye-popping 360-degree views including perfect sunsets. Tapas available. Adults only.
- Breakfast: Can be included in the hotel rates. Otherwise, the impressive buffet breakfast is worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours, with a special in-room dining menu.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Resort View Rooms • Ocean View Rooms • Plantation Bures (bungalows) • Ocean Breeze Bures • 1-Bedroom Suites • Beachfront Bures • Plantation Family Bures
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking not allowed in the rooms or public areas, but OK in the gardens and on the beach.
- Best Room: The Beachfront Bures (bungalows) are utterly gorgeous: huge, with a traditional décor, stunning bathroom, balcony with hammock, and direct access to the sea – in some cases barely 15m away.
- For families: All rooms can squeeze in 2 children. The one-bedroom suite caters for a family of 5, while the family bungalows can accommodate 6.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Less than 10 minutes on foot via the beach (but not the road) are:
- Beach Bar n Grill Fiji (902 5979) – popular and classy for Fijian, Thai and French cuisine. Dinner only. 5-minute walk by beach.
- The Ocean Terrace Restaurant – in the Bedarra Beach Inn. Affordable seafood, curries, pastas and pizzas. Romantic, with occasional live music. 6-minute walk.
- The Quarter Deck Restaurant – alongside the pool in the Crow’s Nest Resort. Good-value Fijian food, curries, lobster, and duck. Happy hours, weekly buffets and a kid’s menu. 10-minute walk by beach.
- Market or Grocery: A minimart is at the lobby, but no other shops are within walking distance.
Just outside the entrance is a bus stop for services every hour or so to Suva and Nadi, and more regularly to the pleasant regional centre of Sigatoka, 8km away. A few unmetered taxis offer exorbitant fares.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Aquarius on the Beach – Review
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji – Review
- Club Fiji Resort – Review
- Club Oceanus – Review
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel – Review
- Gecko’s Resort – Review
- Grand Pacific Hotel – Review
- Grand West’s Villas – Review
- Holiday Inn Suva – Review
- Hotel Oasis – Review
- Mercure Nadi – Review
- Oasis Palms Hotel – Review
- Quest Suva – Review
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island – Review
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji – Review
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Review
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Review
- Sheraton Fiji Resort – Review
- Sheraton Denarau Villas – Review
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort – Review
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Review
- The Crow’s Nest Resort – Review
- The Pearl Resort – Review
- Tokatoka Resort Nadi – Review
- Tropic of Capricorn and Bamboo Tropic – Review
- Uprising Beach Resort – Review
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort – Review
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Review