SD › Fiji › Hotels › Outrigger Beach Resort Review
Updated: December 7, 2020
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Superlative facilities and ideal for families.
Rooms in this extraordinary resort fall into two categories, differing mostly in layout and views, but all are sumptuous with a fetching Fijian décor. Rooms at the back of the grounds offer sea glimpses (palms permitting) from upper floors, while those alongside the creek boast finer ocean views from their triangular balconies. Contrastingly, the bures (bungalows) are separated and dotted around the tropical gardens, with a few directly facing the ocean. Each bure features a lofty thatched roof with ornate wallpaper on the ceiling, and a tantalizing hammock on the patio. The resort caters exceptionally well for families, with plenty of activities and a wonderful kids club providing engaging activities and a substantial playground. And with an adults-only pool, bars, and restaurants, those without children are not ignored. The large resort seems isolated, but there are several affordable bars and cafés easily accessible via the beach.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – The Basics
- Location: Along the southern coast of the main island, Viti Levu, in what’s called the Sunset Strip along the Coral Coast. About 77 km from Nadi and the airport, and 8 km from Sigatoka, a pleasant regional town center.
- Guests: Caters to everyone, but is especially focused on families. Adult guests without children have special places to eat, drink and swim, but it’s hard to escape the noise of children having fun.
- Beach: The resort directly faces a clean and narrow beach which is virtually private. With reefs 500m offshore, the calm waters are perfect for kayaks, paddleboards, and toddlers splashing about. Not much shade, however.
- Views: These vary. Many rooms face the sea, but at a distance of 50m to 300m. Most bungalows face the back of another, while a few do directly face the ocean.
- WiFi: Complimentary for 30 minutes per day. Packages for longer incur substantial costs.
- Parking: Plentiful and free near the lobby.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 650 0044
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: outrigger.com
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The massive lagoon-style pool meanders alongside the beach, with plenty of shallow areas for children. Also, a separate adults-only pool is far away.
- Spa: The remarkable hilltop Bebe Spa Sanctuary is accessible on a hotel buggy. It offers all sorts of amazing massages, exfoliation treatments, and waxing, with some of the best views of Fiji from the wrap-around decking.
- Fitness Center: Huge, very well-equipped, and open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None of the rooms have these, but a large jacuzzi is attached to each of the 2 pools.
- Activities: All sorts available every day, especially for families. Also, flood-lit tennis courts, putting and chipping greens, and village tours. Additionally, free rental of kayaks, snorkeling gear, and paddleboards, all of which are popular among the calm waters. The Kula WILD Adventure Park is only 700m away.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants and Bars: Vale Ni Kana – In a traditional bure (bungalow) with garden views. Breakfast and dinner buffets with a different daily theme, e.g. Fijian, Mexican, and Italian. Family-friendly. • Sundowner Bar & Grill – Beachside, with wonderful views and breeze. Meals with imported meat and local seafood, and a wood-fired pizza. • Baravi Restaurant & Pool Bar – Alongside the pool. Specializes in Asian cuisine with contemporary twists. • Ivi Restaurant – Award-winning, with an intimate setting for couples. Dinner only, bookings essential and a dress code applies. • Takia on the Go – At the lobby. Casual, for sandwiches, wraps, and coffee.
- Lounge/Bars: Vahavu Bistro – Alongside the adults-only pool for breakfast and bistro-style lunches. With a swim-up bar and jacuzzi. • Vakavanua Lounge – Relaxed, adults-only lounge for cocktails, tapas, and live music. From 5 pm, and dress up. • Kalokalo Bar – On a hilltop across the road and accessible by hotel buggy. Cocktails with eye-popping 360-degree views, including of perfect sunsets. Tapas available. Adults only.
- Breakfast: Can be included in the hotel rates. Otherwise, the impressive buffet breakfast is worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours with a special in-room dining menu.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Resort View Room • Ocean View Room • Plantation Bure (bungalow) • Ocean Breeze Bure • 1-Bedroom Suite • Beachfront Bure • Plantation Family Bure
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms or public areas, but is okay in the gardens and on the beach.
- Best Room: The Beachfront Bures (bungalows) are utterly gorgeous – huge, with traditional décor, stunning bathrooms, patios with hammocks, and direct access to the sea – in some cases barely 15m away.
- For families: All rooms can squeeze in 2 children. The 1-Bedroom Suite caters for a family of 5, while the family bungalows can accommodate 6.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Less than 10 minutes on foot via the beach (but not the road) are:
- Beach Bar n Grill Fiji (902 5979) – Popular and classy for Fijian, Thai, and French cuisine. Dinner only.
- The Ocean Terrace Restaurant – In the Bedarra Beach Inn. Affordable seafood, curries, pastas, and pizzas. Romantic, with occasional live music.
- The Quarter Deck Restaurant – Alongside the pool in The Crow’s Nest Resort. Good-value Fijian food, curries, lobster, and duck. Happy hours, weekly buffets, and a kids menu.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A minimart is at the lobby, but no other shops are within walking distance.
- Just outside the entrance is a bus stop for services every hour or so to Suva and Nadi, and more regularly to the pleasant regional center of Sigatoka, 8 km away. A few unmetered taxis offer exorbitant fares.
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter