Aquarius on the Beach – Small, friendly, and convenient beachfront hotel.
This decent midrange option is along the main drag in Wailoaloa Beach, squeezed between some swanky suites and a backpacker lodge. With only a handful of rooms, the staff is personable and the setting is pleasant, though the general beach area is a little grey and scruffy. Overlooking the sparkling pool, the ground floor café is welcoming, with themed nights that are popular. The rooms are compact and colorful. Some face the sea, with views partially blocked by the café and palms. Others face the main street, and a few are close to the lobby. But the selling points are the central position flanked by numerous eateries and bars, beach setting, and water views.
Aquarius on the Beach – The Basics
- Location: 17 Wasawasa Road, in the middle of the short strip along Wailoaloa Beach, on the main island of Viti Levu. About 6 km from downtown Nadi and 8 km from the airport.
- Guests: All ages, but the area mostly attracts young crowds.
- Beach: Like all of Wailoaloa, the beach is grey and gritty, but the sea is calm for swimming and kayaking, and the area lovely for views and walks.
- Views: Only a few rooms have sea views, which are distant and partially blocked, while others face the main street and courtyard entrance area.
- Wi-Fi: Free WiFi is offered, with no limits, which is a rarity.
- Parking: Very limited spaces, but management can provide free secure parking close by.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 672 6000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: aquariusfiji.com
Aquarius on the Beach – Amenities
- Pool: The inviting pool is between the restaurant and beach with enough lounge chairs and shade.
- Spa: The Beach Spa is modest and offers massages and beauty treatments.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in a resort of this standard.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- Activities: Free kayak hire.
Aquarius on the Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The restaurant is between the lobby and pool. It offers Fijian and western food, with a different theme most nights (e.g. Polynesian and Indian), sometimes with dancing and live music. The set-priced 2 or 3-course meals are good value.
- Lounge/Bar: The bar alongside the restaurant offers the usual array of cocktails and beers, and the chance to sample local kava (a strong alcoholic drink).
- Breakfast: A simple breakfast, which can include 1 cooked item, is included, while other dishes can be purchased.
- Room Service: No room service.
Aquarius on the Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Ocean View Room • Deluxe, Standard, and Budget Room
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed inside the hotel building, but permitted in outdoor areas.
- Best Room: The Ocean View Rooms face the sea and are the quietest option. They’re slightly larger than the other rooms and feature decent-sized balconies with partial sea views.
Aquarius on the Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Travellers Beach Café (672 3322) – Perennially popular for backpackers searching for great value and a great vibe. Next door to the hotel.
- Bitu Café – Attached to the above café, offering sandwiches and shakes.
- Ghostship Bar & Grill – In the Smugglers Cove resort, 100m down the road. Classy with modern cuisine, and seaside seating.
- Awesome Grill – Terrible name but friendly place. Alfresco setting for burgers, pastas, and salads. Bring your own booze. At the crossroads to the beach, 300m away.
- Grace Kitchen – In the same premises as Awesome Grill. It’s Korean, so expect noodles, rice, dumplings, and more noodles.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A ‘superette’ is in the undersized shopping center, opposite the Awesome Grill.
- Most tourists use taxis, but find one with a meter. Also, public buses and minibuses head to downtown Nadi every 15-30 minutes, via the shops and cafés on Queens Road.
Aquarius on the Beach – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa