Tokatoka Resort Hotel – Expansive, great facilities, and convenient to the airport.
Despite its position just across the road from the airport (but rarely affected by plane noise), this is a bona fide resort rather than just somewhere to stay overnight between connections. For example, the pool is lagoon-style and features a decent waterslide (which is surprisingly rare elsewhere). In blocks that face the quiet access road, the rooms are comfortable and many have connecting doors. But most accommodations are in semi-detached villas with louvered windows, full kitchens, and oodles of space, so they’re ideal for families. It is isolated, with very few places nearby to eat, drink, or shop, but regular buses head down the road for all sorts of great options.
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – The Basics
- Location: Along Queens Road in Nadi, on the main island of Viti Levu. Directly opposite the entrance to the Nadi Airport. About 10 km from downtown Nadi and 8 km from Wailoaloa Beach.
- Guests: Caters especially well for those waiting for flights, and is also a genuine and affordable resort for families.
- Beach: The nearest beach is at Wailoaloa (8 km), accessible by bus along Queens Road – possibly with a connection at the junction (with the traffic lights) leading to the beach. The beach is gray and gritty, with debris washed ashore at high-tide, but the general area is popular for walks and sunsets, and there’s a tropical holiday vibe along the main drag in Wailoaloa that’s absent elsewhere in Nadi.
- Views: Almost all villas overlook gardens, while most rooms in the blocks face a quiet road.
- WiFi: Available free in the lobby, bar, and restaurant, but charged for use within the rooms.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary shuttle to/from the airport.
- Parking: Plenty of spaces.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 672 0222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: warwickhotels.com/tokatoka-resort
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: A sizable pool with a waterslide, plenty of cover, and a separate children’s area.
- Spa: The Tokatoka Spa offers more than the usual, including hair braiding, waxing, and eyebrow stuff.
- Fitness Center: A sizable gym with decent equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided in this sort of family resort.
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Alongside the pool, the KanaVata Restaurant is a casual eatery, mainly for guests, especially at breakfast. It offers a huge menu with great options for vegetarians, along with children’s meals, and uses home-grown organic vegetables.
- Lounge/Bar: The pleasant Poolside Bar is very appealing; spacious and colorful, with great cocktails and meals available.
- Breakfast: Not included, but can be booked with the room or paid for separately at the time.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Room • Family Villa • Suite • 1-Bedroom Villa
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms or bars/restaurants, but allowed in the gardens.
- Best Room: The 1-Bedroom Villas are more spacious than the rooms in the blocks. They feature double beds and 2 singles, so they’re ideal for families.
- For families: The 1-Bedroom Villas allow 2 single beds in the separate living areas, and feature kitchens and connecting doors to Studio Rooms. With 3 or 4 beds in the same room, the Family Villas are more squeezy.
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- At the neighboring Fiji Gateway Hotel, there are 2 options: the Palm Court Restaurant is undercover and open-air with Fijian décor, all-day dining, and specialties such as kokoda spicy grilled fish; or the Café.
- Otherwise, head down Queens Road to the shopping centre with the Jetpoint supermarket for Wishbone & Pizza King, a takeaway, with Chinese food and a nice bar, and Raju’s Khana Khazana, for excellent Indian food and set-priced meals.
- Another 200m down the road at the traffic lights are 3 places on a corner: Sitar (tasty Indian and Thai food, and a beer garden), Hai Yang Restaurant (Chinese banquets and takeaway, including live seafood), and Burger King.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Walk over to the airport for basic supplies at the minimarts there, or take a bus or taxi (5.5 km) to the RB Patel Jetpoint supermarket at the shopping center.
- Plenty of buses and minibuses head down Queens Road to the center of Nadi. Can easily walk to/from the airport.
Tokatoka Resort Hotel – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa