SD › Vanuatu Hotels › Breakas Beach Resort Review
Updated: January 6, 2021
Breakas Beach Resort – Party vibe and perfect beach, but adults only.
Instantly likable and welcoming, Breakas is the consummate tropical packaged-tour delight – but is strictly child-free. Fronting a breezy bay of breakers (waves), the exquisite farés (bungalows) with thatched conical roofs and dark-wooden shutters are separate, secluded, and accessible along a sandy path. Most are hidden behind dense pepper and pandanus trees, while a lucky few directly face the scenic cove. All have an extra single bed, sizable balcony, and enchanting bathroom made of stones. But note: the farés only have overhead fans (no air-conditioning). The broad beach is snow white, the water is calm, and the infinity pool sparkles and is very popular.
Breakas Beach Resort – The Basics
- Location: On the main road at Pango village through Pango Peninsula, on the main island of Efate. About 10 minutes from downtown Port Vila by minibus, and another 10 minutes from the airport.
- Guests: A definite young-person vibe, so perhaps not ideal for older guests. And it is adults only.
- Beach: Long, wide, and white, with calm water perfect for swimming and kayaking.
- Views: About one quarter of the bungalows directly face the beach, but most overlook the gardens.
- Wi-Fi: Available for free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking spots at the entrance.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 25844
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: breakas.com
Breakas Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The lovely pool is alongside the bar/restaurant and faces the beach. It is however, always busy and noisy.
- Spa: The spa offers a wider-than-normal array of massages, but little else.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of beachfront resort.
- Activities: Daily events offered include cooking classes and tours to local attractions. Snorkeling, diving, and surfing trips can also be arranged.
Breakas Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Spread alongside the pool and extending to the beach with tables on the sand, the Breakas Bar & Restaurant has a lovable tropical ambience and imaginative menu with Pacific flavors.
- Bar: The extended wine and cocktail list at the stylish Salt Bar attracts visitors from the across the island. Alongside the pool, under a high thatched roof, and with a stone counter, it also serves tapas and light snacks.
- Breakfast: A buffet breakfast is included in the rates.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 10 pm
Breakas Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Tropical Garden Fares (bungalows) and Beach Front Fares.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Beach Front Farés (bungalows) face the sea, usually with unspoilt views. The ones further from the pool will be far quieter.
Breakas Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The only place within walking distance (about 10 minutes towards town) is Café Vila. This classy bistro between the road and gardens at the Nasama Resort serves tapas and pricey meals in a pleasant open-air setting. Otherwise, it’s easy to jump in a public minibus along the main road and head into Port Vila to try one of these options along the main street:
- Le Café du Village – Idyllic Mediterranean-style bistro alongside the harbor. For coffee, breakfast, and tasty snacks. An interesting changeable menu, with daily specials.
- Lava Lounge – Remarkably classy for Port Vila. Waterside, with happy hours, trendy DJs, tapas, cocktails, and do-it-yourself pizzas.
- Nambawan Café – Wonderful waterfront position and pleasingly cheap baguettes, pies, and pizzas. Popular for free moonlight movies.
- Jungle Café – Bright-green street-side setting, with excellent meals and free Wi-Fi. Always busy for lunchtime specials.
Nearby Market or Grocery
The village shop opposite the resort entrance provides a reasonable range of basic supplies. Otherwise, stock up when visiting Port Vila.
Minibuses head into Port Vila every few seconds from just outside the resort entrance.
Breakas Beach Resort – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu
- Where to Stay in Vanuatu
- Best Time to Visit Vanuatu
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter