Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – Modern but garish, with convenience to the suburbs and downtown.
Featuring mustard-colored walls and ostentatious columns and balustrades, this Chinese-run hotel is functional, well-priced, and nicely-located, an easy stroll from the center of town and its fascinating suburbs. Views of the sea from the substantial balconies are impressive, and even the cheaper rooms offer agreeable ocean views. Furnishings are a little kitsch, e.g. wrought-iron tables and chairs inside, and the décor is a tad unrefined, but it’s mostly about the locality and affordability. Substantial discounts are offered for longer stays, and unusually, there are single rooms at single rates. Other benefits include easy access by public transport, the excellent Chinese restaurant downstairs, and the casino opposite; not so, the lack of pool.
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – The Basics
- Location: Along Kumul (aka Lini) Highway, the road into Port Vila on the main island of Efate. About 800m up from the center of Port Vila and 15 minutes’ drive from the airport.
- Guests: Welcomes anyone, but guests are likely to be business people and others looking for a longer stay.
- Beach: There is no public beach anywhere in or around Port Vila. The nearest beaches are along Pango Road, around the Breakas Beach Resort, about 4 km south along the peninsula.
- Views: Almost all rooms have views of the sea, either directly or partially.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited for guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking at the entrance.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 22375
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: n/a
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool, which is a little surprising, but there’s simply no space.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Golden Port Restaurant on the ground floor is typically huge and charmless, but the views are spectacular and the choice extraordinary, including live crabs and other seafood to choose from.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is included, but not for heavily-discounted longer stays.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 10 am to 10 pm.
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Queen Size Room • Single Room • Twin Room (some with Harbour Views) • Apartment Room (with 1 or 2 bedrooms) • Superior Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in any rooms or the restaurant. Permitted elsewhere, but there isn’t a garden or beach to escape to.
- Best Room: Oversized and under-furnished, the Superior Suites do provide the finest views from the largest balconies.
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Blue Marlin Club – Spectacular views, sunset cocktails, and silver service. Tapas all day. Bookings advisable for dinner. Swimming pool for patrons. Only 150m up the main road.
Otherwise walk or catch a minibus to these places along the more convenient southern end of the main street through Port Vila:
- Le Café du Village – Mediterranean-style bistro for coffee, breakfast, and tasty snacks. Idyllic harbor-side setting, with an interesting changeable menu. Daily specials.
- Brewery Bar & Restaurant – Tapas, burgers, pizzas, and locally-brewed beers in a dominant street-side setting.
- Lava Lounge – Remarkably classy for Port Vila. Happy hours, trendy DJs, do-it-yourself pizzas, and swimming in the harbor.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Several supermarkets and grocery shops are dotted along the main road into and around Port Vila.
Every few seconds, minibuses head to Port Vila and beyond. Hail one down from outside the entrance to the hotel carpark.
Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort